a taboo topic

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

mvp1222

a taboo topic

Post by mvp1222 »

OK...so at the risk of being ridiculed again, I have a question:

I am currently running FRPP B springs with Kony adjustable struts.

The ride height is a little high in the back. I have read a lot of mixed things online about FRPP springs being designed with a dead coil in the back that can be cut if you desire. Some say its fine. Some say it will worsen the ride (not too worried about that) and that it puts a concentrated stress on the upper perch (maybe concerned about that).

Anyone have any thoughts?

Again, not planning on ever doing any racing. Probably less than 1000 miles a year in driving....

Thanks in advance for constructive comments,
Mark
casper

topic

Post by casper »

solution ?--- aluminum weight jacker by steeda(adjustable height)
\
http://www.steeda.com/store/ford-mustan ... -arms.html

down page a little
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

I've done both at one point or another : cut real coil and weight jacker-style LCAs. Cutting the coil never really presented any issues, but it's a one shot deal. If you cut too much, you're screwed. The LCAs allow you to fine tune it and also compensate for any side-to-side leveling issues that some of these cars have.
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
buddha

Post by buddha »

I've cut springs for a drag car before, and it's not that big of a deal, but to Darrells point, it's a one shot deal. You may or may not like the results. With only driving it very so often, I'd give it a try, or just try a different set of springs, since your going to have them out anyway.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
Tx93Cobra

Post by Tx93Cobra »

I've cut coils and it isn't that big of a deal if you are not worried about track times and a tiny amount of comfort being sacrificed.