Introduction...My Blk cobra with 9500 miles #2680

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

TC3

Introduction...My Blk cobra with 9500 miles #2680

Post by TC3 »

Hi Guys,
I've been trolling the forums for a very long time, years really since I first discovered it.. I guess I waited for something big to share to make my first post?!
So i've owned a few mustangs in my time, my first one being an 85 Gt t-top when I was 16..... Way back 20+ years now.. Man I'm old. Anyways, I now have a cobra with only 9500 miles on it and love it. It's like going thru a time machine when I sit in it. Reminds me of when as a teenager, I used to sit in a new unlocked one at the dealership and just dream!
I've had it a while now, was fortunate to buy it off a client who moved away and have stored it since. I plan on the occasional drive, maybe to a show or two.
I've yet to get all the paperwork on it, but I'm still in touch with the previous owner so i haven't been in any hurry.
But quick details about it are, it's a Blk on grey cloth, sunroof, rear defrost, gold plated cobra emblems (not sure what I think of them, but its unique. I remember it was the thing to do in the early 90's, any of you remember that, lol), and MINT, of course with such low miles. Not even sure what all the options are, or even the number, but I'm guessing somewhere between 2679-2876? How do I find out?

Here is the million dollar question to all of you... So it is all stock...EXCEPT, it's supercharged! Specificity, a Procharger with inter cooler. It has the relocation kit to move the battery to the washer fluid spot, boost retard, inline fuel pump and all that should be installed with the supercharger. It's runs perfectly and fast! The only other after market is the bolt sub frames and magna flow mufflers.
Of course this can all be reversed, but what would you do? It is a very clean and professional install, the previous owner spared no expense (he is a pro athlete and the car meant a lot to him). I'm not sure if I can find the original mufflers anymore, so I'd have to search for some. I know all original is worth more, but I do plan on keeping it a long time. And man that supercharger whine is sweet! Also, I was planning on ordering a personalized plate for it, "SC SVT" to match an older E36 M3 convertible the family enjoys in the summer, "SC M3".
I bought a 4 post drive up hoist and its sits on top, so it sure is nice to look at it once in a while. Even to walk underneath it...did I mention how clean it is?!? Still has the original tires.

So thanks for letting me introduce my car!
Lets hear the arguments for and and against, please! Your opinions are appreciated.
Pics once I find a little time to figure it out.

Just found out I'm #2680
Thanks 1993cobra!!
Last edited by TC3 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on your cobra! It sounds like a nice one, I think if your gonna be driving it, is leave the supercharger , you'll enjoy the power. But if you bought it to collect, itmight be worth more without the mods, since it only has 9000 miles. Everything can be changed back easy, with the mufflers beingthe hardest to find in nice condition. If you want to post pics, just click the blue link on the bottom left of the box where you type a message. Also post or pm the vin and I can give you some build info.
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

Welcome to the site, sounds like a sweet car subn for pictures. I would say leave it the way it is and try to collect some of the stock parts you don't have to go along with it. If and when you ever decide to switch it back or sell in the future, plus you can still find some nowadays.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
SPEEDFREEK

Post by SPEEDFREEK »

Welcome. And like what was said above, leave it like it is and enjoy but try to round up parts in the mean time to have when you want to put it back stock. Heck you may never want to :lol:
89 Saleen SSC #168 10k miles
90 Saleen Vert #93 26k miles
92 Cobra Prototype 8k miles
93 Cobra #3032 Teal/gray cloth 6k miles
93 Cobra #3620 Black/Gray leather 12k miles
93 Cobra #4993 Teal/Gray Leather
93 Yellow SE 5spd, 4k miles
93 5.0 coupe 19k miles
94 GT 7k miles
92 25th 1LE Z28 900 miles
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Welcome to the site!

I agree with the above. Enjoy it now and decide later on the rest. Or, modify the car even further. I own a black supercharged Cobra as well, and could offer you all sorts of tips regarding further mods should you be so inclined. Having driven both modded and stock Cobras, I would never go back to stock. The performance difference is just too dramatic.

One thing I would do ASAP is switch out those tires. Not sure what kind of power your Procharger setup is putting out, but I would not be driving a car like that on 20 year old tires. :shock:

Send pics when you can ... always nice to see another modded black! 8)
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Sounds like a sweet car- welcome!
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
93 Venom

Post by 93 Venom »

Agree, keep it the way you got it. There are few of us here that has mod cobra too. The more the better, and welcome to a great site!
93 cobra #4464 Red / Gray Cloth / Sunroof
2011 GT500 Race Red/ silver strips/ Glassroof
69 vert Mustang Candy apple red / white Top
82 GT T-Tops (SOLD)
91 5.0 LX (SOLD)
04 Mach 1 Screaming Yellow (SOLD)
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Thanks guys.
Yes the tires have no grip and probably isn't recommended to be driving on! I hardly drive it and I would like to keep it under 10k, by I don't think that'll happen, and would it really make a difference in 5-10 more years?!? But I really should swap them Asap, are they worth keeping for later? I initially was going to lower it a bit and put wider rears, maybe a replica rim. But I promised the wife I wouldn't mod this car like every car Ive owned. And I must admit, I feel at ease not modifying it! Even though every time I see a lowered one, it does look good!
I also agree I should start collecting the stock parts I'm missing while they are still out there. You guys agree that they mufflers should be stock? Even the tail pipes? I recall them being one piece originally?
I will start to post pics this weekend! I'm out of town and should have some time to kill at the hotel.
buddha

Post by buddha »

I was is the same boat a few years ago with my black car. 13k mile car with a Kenne Bell on it, BUT I also got every nut and bolt the car came with from the factory.

I had intentions on putting back to stock, but once I got the car to MO (bought it sight unseen) the install was just too nice to tear back apart. Besides, it makes for a little bit of fun under your right foot. 8)

Personally, follow the advice of the others and enjoy the car as it, collect parts, etc. You can always go back to stock later.

Word to the wise, just make sure the tune is spot on, and try not to beat on it too bad. Still playing with stock parts.

Yes, the OEM exhuast is a one piece item from the flow tubes all the way back.

And post up some pics man!
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

TC3 wrote:Thanks guys.
Yes the tires have no grip and probably isn't recommended to be driving on! I hardly drive it and I would like to keep it under 10k, by I don't think that'll happen, and would it really make a difference in 5-10 more years?!? But I really should swap them Asap, are they worth keeping for later? I initially was going to lower it a bit and put wider rears, maybe a replica rim. But I promised the wife I wouldn't mod this car like every car Ive owned. And I must admit, I feel at ease not modifying it! Even though every time I see a lowered one, it does look good!
I also agree I should start collecting the stock parts I'm missing while they are still out there. You guys agree that they mufflers should be stock? Even the tail pipes? I recall them being one piece originally?
I will start to post pics this weekend! I'm out of town and should have some time to kill at the hotel.

Have you considered doing a mini tub?
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

So who was the pro athlete it belonged to? If you happy with the car, keep it as it is.
Paul Whalen

Post by Paul Whalen »

I would leave it as, maybe some drag radials on the back for traction. Be sure to change the oil in the procharger when u change your oil. It's cheap insurance for the blower .
#3654 red/gray leather.
TC3

Post by TC3 »

No mini tub here! I don't plan on driving it to the limit. Of course ill open it up from time to time. But it's not going to be a drag, race or corner carver. And I'd feel bad drifting in it like I may have as a kid. But I imagine I will have to pass along that skill to my 8 year old daughter one of these days in the mustang.
I have a couple other fast cars I feel a lot safer pushing them to the limit. I do love driving the mustang, but I'm wise enough now to have learnt a couple things from my many fish tail near misses in my older mustangs as a kid!
Now I just do it in safer cars... Lol.
As much as I dislike the ride height, I have to admit the ride is nice. I can't remember the last time I had a stock suspension vehicle.
A good set of sticky tires should suffice. I've never driven on drag radials. Are they fine for street?
Do you guys just like to run the stock size tire on the stick rim? I remember running staggered on one of my past mustangs, even though the rim widths were square. I think it helped. 245f & 275r.
The PO is a NHL player. He's very private, but I'll tell you he played for the Calgary flames.
buddha

Post by buddha »

I've always run the BFG DR, and they work great, but don't expect to get any miles ouf of them. A Nitto will last longer, but don't hook as well.

I've run the 275 tire on the stock wheel and it works, but you may rub from time to time.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
93Cobra#2771

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

Welcome to the club! Sounds like a nice car.
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy