Stock Seats Question dealing with Leather Opal Gray

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Stock Seats Question dealing with Leather Opal Gray

Post by POOBLAH »

Was the back seat actual leather or was it that same material like that found on the side of the front seats? I just recently had a quote for my seats to be redone and the guy mentioned that my back seat was not actual leather. From what I see on mine the only actual leather is found in the middle of each of the front seats. Just wondering... :)
Cobra #11
Sunday driver in fair weather.

"Passion: there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."
ceetwarrior

Post by ceetwarrior »

That's how Ford Probes were. The funny thing is people diss on vinyl but really it holds up far better than the 1990's leather did.
'93 #3593 Teal/Black cloth - *Sold* but went to a good home! Don't join the teal/black divorce club..
'95 SVT COBRA #3463 (current)
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

Does that mean my back seat has been redone? :(
Cobra #11

"Passion: there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."
ceetwarrior

Post by ceetwarrior »

What are you talking about Pooblah?
'93 #3593 Teal/Black cloth - *Sold* but went to a good home! Don't join the teal/black divorce club..
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

My back seat appears to be Vinyl instead of leather, but my car has the leather Opal Gray package. I am wondering if my back seat was originally leather and later on redone in Vinyl.... OR if the only leather in the "Leather Option" for the 1993 Cobras is in the front seats. Sorry for the confusion.
Cobra #11

ceetwarrior

Post by ceetwarrior »

I dont have a leather car. But I would imagine it is just like I stated about about the probes. "leather" only in the middle of the front seats. Then vinyl down the sides and back seat.
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

The guy I got the quote from said $700 to get both front seats reupholstered. My drivers side is the only bad seat but he seemed pretty animate on doing both to make sure they match good. Has anyone had this done and does that sound reasonable?
Cobra #11

ceetwarrior

Post by ceetwarrior »

Leather today is much better quality than that old type. It's much softer and resists cracking a lot more.

Sweetest interior I've seen so far is a black with new black LEATHER with Cobra stitched logos. Way sick.
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

I do have to agree... Seeing the Cobra logo STITCHED in the seat is SUPER SWEET!
Cobra #11

drkhrse

Post by drkhrse »

If the back seat looks good, i'd leave it and just have him match the two fronts to it as best he can. I would do both front seats though as a suttle differants will show up between them, not so true toward the back. my .02 :roll: My car is Grey leather however i have no idea if its vinal or not back there??? wouldn't surprise me if it is.
-1993 SVT Cobra R #58, open track
-1993 SVT Cobra Teal #112, street
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

the back seat is supposed to be leather. but as with the front , it is all leather except the sides and backs which is vinyl, because it is more durable . So any surface your back or butt touches is or was originally leather. If you want to check your back seats , just pinch or squeeze a small section of the leather and you will see small wrinles or the grain of the leather appear, if its vinyl the there will be no change.
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

Well that pinch test is what the guy did who quoted me for my front seats to be fixed and he said it was Vinyl... Oh well, makes me wander what else might have been changed or replaced.
Cobra #11

QWKSNKE

Post by QWKSNKE »

1993cobra wrote:the back seat is supposed to be leather. but as with the front , it is all leather except the sides and backs which is vinyl, because it is more durable . So any surface your back or butt touches is or was originally leather. If you want to check your back seats , just pinch or squeeze a small section of the leather and you will see small wrinles or the grain of the leather appear, if its vinyl the there will be no change.
+1..
93 Cobra
84 SVO

www.streetstangs.net (pushrod/modmotor/ EEC tech forums)