Long tubes and catted h-pipe

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

laz2447

Long tubes and catted h-pipe

Post by laz2447 »

Well, after much debate I decided to scrap the shorty headers and go with a long tube set up.

BBK ceramic long tubes with a catted h-pipe. I just was tired of the o/r pipe sound and the "look at me" exhaust note. I also got tired of smelling like a pit crew every time I drove the car.

However, now I am having issues with the cat back. The place that did my original exhaust welded the cat back (american thunder) making it a one piece set up, thus giving NO flexability or adjustability what so ever. Now, matched up with the long tubes and new h-pipe one tip sticks out .25" inch farther and the passenger side muffler case just bangs away on every bump in the road against the body of the car.

If, I were to purchase a new cat back...how do I make sure I do not end up with the same problems? Anyone running long tubes and having this issue? Note that this new cat back will NOT be welded, making it a multi- piece again.

I know SLP has the smaller style mufflers, basically resonators but I am not crazy about their sound. I really want to stick with Flowmaster, but the thought of the new cat back causing me the same problems is making me ill.

Thoughts, suggestions?