history on my Snake #1367

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

PapaTom

history on my Snake #1367

Post by PapaTom »

well, I've been here for a while now, but still have not spent much time under my car. I still don't know if it has a Tremec or T5. Hard to believe huh?

I have the car neatly stored in the garage with lots of stuff around it and have just gotten too lazy to bring it out.

Last year in December, I had it on Ebay and I'm glad I didn't sell it after all. During that time someone here posted my EBay ad, and the possibility of a Tremec in it arose. Mine is the one that had the dash pony badge was replaced with an SVT snake.

Does anyone know any info on my car? Are previous owners in this forum or know of them?

VIN: 1FACP42DOPF155189

Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

If you want to know if it's a Tremec or the stock T5, roll under it, take a pic or two, post them here, and about five guys will tell you right away.

-Mike S.
kbillan

Post by kbillan »

That snake on the dash is aweful. (no offense to you)

Reminds me of the mid-late 90s when all of my friends would have those snakes lined up across the dash.... cringe..

Car is gorgeous otherwise..
www.myspace.com/kbillan

Teal/Cloth 1993 Cobra #392
PapaTom

Post by PapaTom »

kbillan wrote:That snake on the dash is aweful. (no offense to you)

Reminds me of the mid-late 90s when all of my friends would have those snakes lined up across the dash.... cringe..

Car is gorgeous otherwise..

I AGREE! I finally found an NOS piece, but I tried once to pry the snake off and remove it and it was stuck real good. They must have used a strong adhesive. Sux.

I'd much rather have the stock badge.
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

See if you can use some Goo Gone (or equivalent adhesive remover) to loosen the snake rather than trying to pull it off with brute force.

If I remember correctly, there should be a small hole the dash that lines up with an alignment pin on the running horse.
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
kbillan

Post by kbillan »

Yah, your going to have to get a little aggressive. that takes 5k off the value of the car :P

if there is a mess under it-- theres dash's floating around for next to nothing.. IF the goof off doesnt work. Which, im sure it will.

I dont think anyone would have used superglue, due to the back of snake being recessed and such.. so its probably silicon.. Goof off would be my first try as well.

Keep us updated..
www.myspace.com/kbillan

Teal/Cloth 1993 Cobra #392