HOW To determine if its a true COBRA

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

krman

HOW To determine if its a true COBRA

Post by krman »

Hey Guys - New to the Forum and looking to buy a 93 Cobra

Not new to the mustang game though as I have owned a mustang since I was 15 years of age- a 67 s code big block fastback to my current car a 68 GT500 KR Shelby. Lot sof others in between including plenty of Fox Chasis cars. Now I have wanted a 93 cobra since they came out but never made it happen.

My question is I'm looking at one close to my house. It was bought from a dealer so the owner does not have any of the svt paper work.

What can I get from Ford still as far as documentation?

What can I verify from Vin# on car and can I get consecutive cobra number from the data plate also? Where on the car is this information located?

Any other hints would be great. Thanks in advance and hope to be a proud owner soon enough.

If this one does not work out I am in the market for a Black 93' any interior combo .

Thanks,
Tony

68 GT 500 KR Shelby
71' Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
73' Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
*Hope to own soon * - 93' cobra...... :D
cobr96

Post by cobr96 »

The most important thing is the Vin # the 8th digit should be a "D" for the cobra. Svt can give you the following by calling 1-800-FORD SVT
1. build number
2. date built
3. color interior / exterior
4. original selling dealer's name
5. they mail you a copy of the certificate (example below)
cobr96

Post by cobr96 »

Oh yeah, there is a body tag stapled to the radiator support just behind the driver side headlamp area . this is a small metal tag about 2 inches by 4 inches that will be stamped "COBRA" and will have the last 6 of the vin#, the paint code, interior code , body code
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

cobr96 wrote:Oh yeah, there is a body tag stapled to the radiator support just behind the driver side headlamp area . this is a small metal tag about 2 inches by 4 inches that will be stamped "COBRA" and will have the last 6 of the vin#, the paint code, interior code , body code
I just checked my car and sure enough it was there, I never knew it stated cobra and the last 6 of your vin number

Thanks for the tip cobr96
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE