GMP Cobra R model

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

trackpilot wrote:Man i just checked ebay and these things are going for over $300 now! WTF!?!??!?! lol
There can't be that many '93 Cobra fans...
Diehard Diecast collectors prob found out that GMP went under.. so hence the increase. I don't think 93 cobra owners are shelling out this kind of money for toys. (well im not at least). Hopefully this will be a tell sign of how our cars are going to increase (double/triple) in prices! Ill sell mine for $30k.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
k98dave

Post by k98dave »

Yes lots of people get caught up in a buy it at any cost frenzy. Local collector has stated that some other makers like Franklin Mint and another foreign outfit (India) is looking into producing some of the GMP line

As for real cars, at some point very low mile cars will show up at B-J auction and they will have to be in mint condition for good $$ but don't count on it anytime soon
K98Dave
88 LX hatch -(SOLD
1984 SVO number 110 (SOLD)
93 Cobra Blk# 2100 Still a Virgin- No Mods
95 Lightning (SOLD)
86 LX Restoration in work)
2013 F150 Reg cab Short Bed 5.0
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

I just can't figure out why the teal's seem to be bringing the most money, their are red ones and even the steeda's for around $100 all day and a teal doesn't sell for under $300 ever! I watch them pretty close.
-Brian-
93 SVT #15 (pre-production)
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

This is how we chill from 93 till.....
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Teal is the best color, not to mention it has not been used on a Cobra cense 93! and that was the only year it was used, the Red and black continue to be used, yes a different shade of red, but still red. They use the Performance red on the 99, 00R, and the 01 Cobra so it was not limited to the one year.

I built a custom 03 Cobra, painted it teal, when I met one of the SVT reps at mustang week, I asked him why the didn't build a 10th anniversary Cobra in teal, He said they didn't even think about it. He totally loved the teal 03 Cobra I built, know as the Teal Terminator!
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

aaronlstiles wrote:Teal is the best color, not to mention it has not been used on a Cobra cense 93! and that was the only year it was used, the Red and black continue to be used, yes a different shade of red, but still red. They use the Performance red on the 99, 00R, and the 01 Cobra so it was not limited to the one year.

I built a custom 03 Cobra, painted it teal, when I met one of the SVT reps at mustang week, I asked him why the didn't build a 10th anniversary Cobra in teal, He said they didn't even think about it. He totally loved the teal 03 Cobra I built, know as the Teal Terminator!
I'm sure some of it has to do with the color being a one year color for sure, In my opinion the reason the teal was a one year only color is because they wanted to use it for the svt and it was a real outdated color right away, teal was a early 90's color for sure and went out of style quickly once it was saturated in the car market, it seems like every car in that period had a variation of teal. I think thats why they are the most sought after color now is because you just don't see teal cars nowadays for the most part, it's like the colors in the 50's on the fairlane's or baby bird's, the mauve's and teal's were very popular but eventually noone wanted them anymore and just like the teal cobra the fairlane's and bird's in those colors are the most sought after
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

trackpilot

Post by trackpilot »

dbrennancobra wrote: Diehard Diecast collectors prob found out that GMP went under.. so hence the increase. I don't think 93 cobra owners are shelling out this kind of money for toys. (well im not at least). Hopefully this will be a tell sign of how our cars are going to increase (double/triple) in prices! Ill sell mine for $30k.
Ahh ok that would make more sense. Stupid collectors... hahaha
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

dbrennancobra wrote:
trackpilot wrote:Man i just checked ebay and these things are going for over $300 now! WTF!?!??!?! lol
Diehard Diecast collectors prob found out that GMP went under.. so hence the increase. I don't think 93 cobra owners are shelling out this kind of money for toys. (well im not at least). Hopefully this will be a tell sign of how our cars are going to increase (double/triple) in prices! Ill sell mine for $30k.
But you do see 93 Cobra owners shelling out $600 for a cardboard advertisment! Funny to each his own I suppose :lol:
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

JohnLynch wrote:
dbrennancobra wrote:
But you do see 93 Cobra owners shelling out $600 for a cardboard advertisment! Funny to each his own I suppose :lol:
yes you do, because that was an original showroom ad that was with the car originally. the GMPs was not with the car back in 1993. so IMO its worth the value than a toy. Dont get me wrong i buy toys, but they are for my 1 year old. :wink:
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
RDLINE1

Teal Cobra's on ebay

Post by RDLINE1 »

Looks like his collection of GMP Teal's are on Ebay. He is not interested in finding a good home for them, just the about the money, he can keep them. I think I will find a cheaper red or black one, and take it apart and paint it teal. Not paying 350.. that is just stupid. IMO :lol:
# 4218
RollTide93

Re: Teal Cobra's on ebay

Post by RollTide93 »

RDLINE1 wrote:Looks like his collection of GMP Teal's are on Ebay. He is not interested in finding a good home for them, just the about the money, he can keep them. I think I will find a cheaper red or black one, and take it apart and paint it teal. Not paying 350.. that is just stupid. IMO :lol:
Great idea rdline! I will do the same if I buy any more!
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Just nuts. Glad I bought mine when they were new for $109.95 shipped.

-MJS
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

oooohhh! NICE! My turn!

-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Nice collection. I always wanted them to do a stock LX hatch, and the only ones they did were the hot rods which would need to have been combined with a GT to make a stocker. Then they went slap outta business, and now anything GMP is made out of gold bars, so that's out of the question. I wish someone would buy the tooling and stamp out more.

-MJS
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Nice collection Rolltide!