EBAY SCAM ALERT !!!!

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

514SCJ

EBAY SCAM ALERT !!!!

Post by 514SCJ »

A seller by the name of "stangluver" is selling NOS black 93 Cobra floormats on eBay. I bought a set and when I checked them out I could see a red tint on the black carpet. I rubbed the mat with My finger and the black came off, And it was red? WTF! This guy is buying the red Cobra floormats that sell for 59.95 on eBay, Because they don't fit anything. And then painting them black. Needless to say I'am going to own this Clown one way or another!! The bad part is when the mats came I left the guy positive feedback before checking the mats. Now he's using My positive feedback in his ad! :evil:
Last edited by 514SCJ on Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big B

Post by Big B »

Ebay really sucks sometimes. you have to watch everything very close or you can get burned. Sorry to hear this happened to you.
514SCJ

Post by 514SCJ »

After checking this clowns feedback, I found where he bought a number of red 93 cobra mats from robbo36. After more checking,was able to find where he bought carpet dye from brent3425. I also E-mailed the high bidder in this clowns current auction to warn him of the scam
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

Why were you buying black floormats anyway? doesnt your car have grey interior? Also you can see in the close-up photo of the word "cobra" there is still red showing in the embrodiered area, and the picture of the part number he cut the picture off so you cant see the two numbers.
LOUDERMILK64

Post by LOUDERMILK64 »

I was watching a set of those on ebay myself, thanks for the warning. They also ended the auction?
514SCJ

Post by 514SCJ »

1993cobra wrote:Why were you buying black floormats anyway? doesnt your car have grey interior? Also you can see in the close-up photo of the word "cobra" there is still red showing in the embrodiered area, and the picture of the part number he cut the picture off so you cant see the two numbers.
I bought the mats because I collect NOS 93 Cobra parts. Is there something wrong with that? I also have a large stash of 03-04 Cobra take-offs. Thanks
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

514SCJ wrote:Is there something wrong with that? I also have a large stash of 03-04 Cobra take-offs. Thanks
Just wondering , I didnt think about buying them to collect because of the price being so high. I do the same , I have a big pile of wheels, mats, ground effects, spoilers, rear ends and lots of engine parts,and about 18 svt cars and trucks. I usually dont buy items to collect unless they are somewhat of a deal.
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

Ebay is a good way to find stuff, its the people that make it suck being dishonest.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
514SCJ

Post by 514SCJ »

1993cobra wrote:
514SCJ wrote:Is there something wrong with that? I also have a large stash of 03-04 Cobra take-offs. Thanks
Just wondering , I didnt think about buying them to collect because of the price being so high. I do the same , I have a big pile of wheels, mats, ground effects, spoilers, rear ends and lots of engine parts,and about 18 svt cars and trucks. I usually dont buy items to collect unless they are somewhat of a deal.
What may seem to some as high today may also seem cheap tomorrow.
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

Thats true, but there comes a point where you feel its over charging.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE