Replacemnt Hatch

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

Stinger1993

Replacemnt Hatch

Post by Stinger1993 »

Hey guys

I need to replace my hatch, has some bad rust where the window meets the hatch at the bottom. (cant be saved with out welding)

What is a better hatch to go with
GT or LX

Or just go with this?
http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.asp?pn=CER351
aaronlstiles

Hatch

Post by aaronlstiles »

Fix the original, If a U know a good body guy, he can fix it Properly, sounds like you had some dirt build up in the channell. this way you keep the orignal Vin Tag on the hatch. Just my opinion is all. If you choose to use another one, Run a GT hatch, less holes to fill.
jeffro

Post by jeffro »

whats one worth?i may know where one is but it will be exspensive,,lol....
Stinger1993

Post by Stinger1993 »

How much you asking or thinking of asking?
jeffro

hatch

Post by jeffro »

not sure really man,seen some go for 800-1000 for a oem hatch.i bought this one a while back and have it in storage,in case later on i needed it but...lmk what you thinking.thanks geoff
aaronlstiles

Brakes.

Post by aaronlstiles »

Jeffo, I know it came off that Parts car, You paid 3K for the whole car, Hook him up, LOL. Not everyone will pay 1000 For a Teal hatch, LOL, JK. Let you know on the brakes this weekend.
jeffro

Post by jeffro »

nah actually the one i have is black,bought out of florida from a guy and paid for it but is what it is,oem cobra i bought it before i bought the teal car for parts, mainly interior.and the hatch but turns out it wasnt a oem cobra hatch lid :twisted: .it had a oem wing but hatch wasnt original.it was teal but not original cobra.i will sale that hatch reasonably but the other is original cobra hatch,,blk in color.i know shipping is gonna be high,think i paid 150-200 from florida.on a pallet but been awhile....alheimers gettin me???,,,let me know what you thinking,what color is your car?also a alternative is to find a older mustang 79-to mid 80's some hatchback cars came w/o a wing or anything.just finding a nice one might be tuff...??

hey aaron,,have access on carfax?lmk on this car if so,i bought a teal car from a guy in delaware year or so ago.clean car but dont know much on history.got some miles on t but a clean car...
1facp42d6pf177830 is vin
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

I would say a clean hatch would be worth around 200, because its too easy to weld up the extra holes in a gt hatch and you can probably find one local to you , without the shipping. Unless you find a hatch that has the cobra spoiler on it, then id say 500 .But you dont need the spoiler anyway. If you were near me I have a clean one , I would weld up the holes and sell it to you for 250.