Back in a Cobra......

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

kilrain

Back in a Cobra......

Post by kilrain »

I'm back.......kinda...... :D Although I'm new here, I have had a background with Mustangs. My first was a 1988 GT. It was a great car, bought in the mid to late 1990 with 86,000 miles on it. After driving it for a year or two, I decided to upgrade to a later model. I spotted a 1996 Cobra, used, on a lot in a nearby city and couldn't pass it up. It only had 26,000 miles on it and was in immaculate shape. The Cobra was a great car but other hobbies called and it was sold in a cost cutting frenzy in 2001. But I always wanted another 5.0, 5 speed, Fox bodied, hatch back........which brings me here.

I began the search and located a 1993 Cobra at a new car dealership within driving distance. I took the plunge, drove up, test drove it and ended up buying it. They had taken it in trade for a new Mustang. It had 58,000 mile on it but had been in storage for some time. It was kinda like an early 1990s time capsule. It had the common problems, broken ash tray door, very minor paint issues, worn outer driver's side seat bolster, etc, but overall, it was in great shape! Without further delay, I present 1993 Mustang Cobra #4633, born 06/17/03, teal green with opal grey cloth interior.........

Thanks for looking and it's good to be back. I'll be needing technical info as I go and would like to give thanks in advance...........

:P
stock2262

Post by stock2262 »

Very nice. What tires are on your car. I'm in the process of looking and was wondering what brand they are?

Scott
kilrain

Post by kilrain »

stock2262,

The tires are marked as follows:

ULTRA HPR

245/45R17 95H

RADIAL G/T

That's it! They are brand new tires. I reckon' that the tires that were on the car were probably dry rotted from storage but I could be wrong, perhaps they were just worn. As I said, it had obviously been in storage for quite some time as the whole undercarriage was still covered in cobwebs.

:!:
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

What did you pay for it?
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
black93svt

Post by black93svt »

Looks very nice!
93 Cobra Teal #574 Sold
93 Cobra Black #3503 Sold

Looking for one again!
kilrain

Post by kilrain »

BADBOYSPACK wrote:What did you pay for it?
Well, I paid too much to be honest however it was in such great shape and it was exactly what I was looking for so........the hell with it!

If you simply must know exact figures, I'll PM you if you want.
kilrain

Post by kilrain »

black93svt wrote:Looks very nice!
Thanks......I'm quite happy........
phorty

Post by phorty »

It's a beauty! Looks very stock. Too bad they put a front plate bracket on there. Where are you located? Nice looking car port.
'93 Cobra #220- Black over Gray Cloth- 4.10's, Long Tubes, 57K miles- SOLD 8/8
'06 GT- Windveil Blue over Light Graphite Leather- 5spd
'93 Notch- 144k miles
Kevins89notch5.0

Post by Kevins89notch5.0 »

They don't get better looking than that!
** 89 LX 5.0 ** Currently in hibernation
kilrain

Post by kilrain »

phorty wrote:It's a beauty! Looks very stock. Too bad they put a front plate bracket on there. Where are you located? Nice looking car port.
Thanks for the compliment. As for the front plate, it is a California car. California requires both a front and rear plate so it is mandatory here. I don't mind being that I was born, raised and live in central California, I'm used to front plates.

As for the car port, it is rather nice. When we bought this place it only had the concrete parking pad with no cover. One of the first things I did was install the car port. I like my cars covered when possible.

8)
kilrain

Post by kilrain »

Kevins89notch5.0 wrote:They don't get better looking than that!
Thanks! The question now becomes do I keep it stock or modify it? I have alreayd put a modern MP3/CD player in it. The original stereo was not working but is being repaired right now by Ford. I'll keep it in case I ever sell the car, which I don't plan on doing.

I don't know, if I modify it I will try to make it easily restorable.
Kevins89notch5.0

kilrain wrote:
Thanks! The question now becomes do I keep it stock or modify it? I have alreayd put a modern MP3/CD player in it. The original stereo was not working but is being repaired right now by Ford. I'll keep it in case I ever sell the car, which I don't plan on doing.

To each their own. If I had your car... well its sorta hard to explain my reasoning, but here goes. I would go with gears, exhaust, a shifter, and replace some basic suspension pieces. That way it looks stock from the exterior, and under the hood(yeah you can see headers, but who cares). From the oppsite side, it will sound nice, be abe to get up and move with the gears, and be fun on the street.

If you want to go H/C/I/blower, etc just buy any foxbody and use that shell. If you want a showroom stock car, then just leave it as is. When I someday get my hands on a teal 93, I'll have every intention of keeping it forever(along with my 89 notch). I might end up paying 13K or so and buying a lower mileage(meaning sub 100K) thats all stock. On the other hand, if I can find one thats been modded, I'll probably end up taking it back more towards stock. I found one right now I'm waiting to hear from the owner on. Its got an aftermarket hood, a nitrous kit, white face gauges, as well as some gauges on the a-pillar. If acquired, I would be putting a stock hood on, yanking the nitrous, yanking the white face gauges, as well as the aftermarket ones. Then she would be back to the way she belongs.
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

Kevins89notch5.0 wrote:
kilrain wrote:

To each their own. If I had your car... well its sorta hard to explain my reasoning, but here goes. I would go with gears, exhaust, a shifter, and replace some basic suspension pieces. That way it looks stock from the exterior, and under the hood(yeah you can see headers, but who cares). From the oppsite side, it will sound nice, be abe to get up and move with the gears, and be fun on the street.

If you want to go H/C/I/blower, etc just buy any foxbody and use that shell. If you want a showroom stock car, then just leave it as is. When I someday get my hands on a teal 93, I'll have every intention of keeping it forever(along with my 89 notch). I might end up paying 13K or so and buying a lower mileage(meaning sub 100K) thats all stock. On the other hand, if I can find one thats been modded, I'll probably end up taking it back more towards stock. I found one right now I'm waiting to hear from the owner on. Its got an aftermarket hood, a nitrous kit, white face gauges, as well as some gauges on the a-pillar. If acquired, I would be putting a stock hood on, yanking the nitrous, yanking the white face gauges, as well as the aftermarket ones. Then she would be back to the way she belongs.
We should meet some time, im starting to think about selling mine in search for my red/black Cobra.

The best part is that your only about 80 miles away or less.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
#195 - 1 of 185
MY 93 SNAKE
Kevins89notch5.0

BADBOYSPACK wrote:We should meet some time, im starting to think about selling mine in search for my red/black Cobra.

I don't know, that could end up being very detrimental to my bank account. :D
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

Kevins89notch5.0 wrote:
BADBOYSPACK wrote:We should meet some time, im starting to think about selling mine in search for my red/black Cobra.

I don't know, that could end up being very detrimental to my bank account. :D
Ok, you keep saying that you are looking for a Teal Cobra and that you live this close I figured I thought I would ask.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
#195 - 1 of 185
MY 93 SNAKE