#4867 BrettT's Teal/Blk/Sunroof

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Very nice work. Did you remember to put the cotter pins back on the tie rod ends?

-Mike S.
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Mike S. wrote:Very nice work. Did you remember to put the cotter pins back on the tie rod ends?

-Mike S.
Sharp eye there. :)
Yea sure did. There in there. A little to fast with the trigger on the camera.
AT11

Post by AT11 »

Nice job, looks really clean!
1991 Titanium Frost coupe, 331 Stroker
1993 SVT Cobra #199, Teal/Black - SOLD
93 Reef Blue Coupe 441 RWHP, 404RWTQ - SOLD
1990 SSP coupe, Ex Arizona DPS - SOLD
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Finished. Took it out for a ride after work today. Got some pics with the new suspension.

WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

That car looks really great for having that many miles on it!! Are you going to try and tighten up those door pockets in the future?
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

As they would say. OMG. I was hoping you would see them..... actually it's holding all my BILLS inside of it. :lol: :wink:
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

You know its a common problem at least they are there, some people rip them off. I would rather have them sagging then not there!
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Oh, I know. I will fix them up shortly.

Now, I have to get the '03 in the picture with it.
nmm347

Post by nmm347 »

Looks damn good there Brett. You've put a lot of work into it and it shows. Maybe someday I'll see you at a car show. Might be heading to Northern Virginia here in the next year or so. Again, the car looks 100%.
93 Cobra Red/Black #3966
88 GT Drag Car
buddha

Post by buddha »

BrettT 93/ wrote:Do you have any before and after pics of your seats?
No, I suppose I should have taken some of the car as a whole. Oh well.

So what's next on the list?

I need to get going on my red car. I've got a TKO 600 in a box that I want to put in, along with a bigger set of injectors and WB to tune it.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

buddha wrote:

I need to get going on my red car. I've got a TKO 600 in a box that I want to put in, along with a bigger set of injectors and WB to tune it.
For right now and after such a long search and finally settleing on one. Im going to enjoy riding it to work on nice days, and drive to beach a couple of times this year.

I think next winter I will pull the motor and trans and go to town on cleaning and detailing those areas. Also, address the front bumpers. It has some fading and your normal rock chips. I really like to put some kinda of shine or cleaning agent on the underneath of the car since I did all the work to the suspension. But, kinda dont' want to mess with it until I do some research on what to use. I thought about using TIRE FOAM cleaning. Just want to make sure nothing promotes rust as there is NO RUST issue with this car.

Other then that.... up in arms as far as doing a motor. Going to think about it. The car rides really nice and the motor is quite and sound with 50k miles.

If I do, it will probably be a nice streetable stroker.

I've always wonder about YOUR black one with the Kenne Bell.Didn't want to pry.... would like to know more about it though. I look at the Kenne Bell differently then I did in the 90's.. It was about top end and racing back then. But, I really like what the Kenne Bell can bring to the street. Great low-mid range....and with the 2.1. I bet its even better.

I also thought about a nice gt-40 motor with one of those blowers on top.
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

nmm347 wrote:Looks damn good there Brett. You've put a lot of work into it and it shows. Maybe someday I'll see you at a car show. Might be heading to Northern Virginia here in the next year or so. Again, the car looks 100%.
Thanks!! Friends can't believe this car has 150k on it. Also, in regard to the front bumper. I got hooked up with a painter who is willing to listen what Im exspecting out of some paint work on the bumper and makeing the best match. Going to wait till next winter for that.

Anyway, let me know when your over this way. We'll hook up.
buddha

Post by buddha »

BrettT 93|03 wrote:
buddha wrote:

For right now and after such a long search and finally settleing on one. Im going to enjoy riding it to work on nice days, and drive to beach a couple of times this year.

I think next winter I will pull the motor and trans and go to town on cleaning and detailing those areas. Also, address the front bumpers. It has some fading and your normal rock chips. I really like to put some kinda of shine or cleaning agent on the underneath of the car since I did all the work to the suspension. But, kinda dont' want to mess with it until I do some research on what to use. I thought about using TIRE FOAM cleaning. Just want to make sure nothing promotes rust as there is NO RUST issue with this car.

Other then that.... up in arms as far as doing a motor. Going to think about it. The car rides really nice and the motor is quite and sound with 50k miles.

If I do, it will probably be a nice streetable stroker.

I've always wonder about YOUR black one with the Kenne Bell.Didn't want to pry.... would like to know more about it though. I look at the Kenne Bell differently then I did in the 90's.. It was about top end and racing back then. But, I really like what the Kenne Bell can bring to the street. Great low-mid range....and with the 2.1. I bet its even better.

I also thought about a nice gt-40 motor with one of those blowers on top.
I actually use Tire Foam on the gas tank cover once I clean it off, and then wipe it down........I don't like the "wet" look stuff. If you only use the stuff occasionally on rubber and plastics, it shouldn't be an issue. If the car is kept in the garage for nice weather only, you shouldn't have to do it more than once or twice a year

What do you want to know about the KB car? No secrets here......lol!
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

It has been awhile post up some pictures of the black car, what kind of power does that car put down as it sit now?
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Been awhile??? I don't think I have seen any details on it. Always been curious though.

Buddha, give us the run down. A killer video of that Blk Kenne Bell would be bad a$$. 8) :wink: