#4867 BrettT's Teal/Blk/Sunroof

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

BrettT

#4867 BrettT's Teal/Blk/Sunroof

Post by BrettT »

Been busy lately with the Teal. I went in just wanting to do a fresh brake job, and do some shocks and struts. The regular maitance stuff. Well, I took it a little further and did the powder coating, cleaning, and some detailing.
Here are some before and after pics. What ya think?

BEFORE:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

AFTER: (I EVEN WIRE WHEEL ALL THE BOLTS) IN THE PICTURE ABOVE, YES THE QUAD BOLT ISN'T DONE. I DID DO IT AFTER THE PIC WAS TAKEN.

ADDTIONAL POWDER COATING PICS............

I WILL HAVE THE FRONT DONE THIS WEEKEND AND SOME MORE PICTURES NEXT WEEK.
Last edited by BrettT on Tue May 29, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Oh, went with the Gabriel Quad shock in stead of the over priced Ford Quad Shock. I got the Gabriel's for $27 ea. compared to the $113 ford version.

Ford on Top

buddha

Post by buddha »

Looks much better. Hit the rubber spring isolator with some tire foam to clean it up..........sticks out now that everything else looks clean.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

Holy gzzz that made a big difference there!!! Looking good What buddha said too!!
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
SVT4942

Post by SVT4942 »

Looks nice! Keep it up
19 Shelby GT350 Ford Performance Blue
93 EY/C6 13C #12
93 RD/DJ #2304
93 RD/DJ 13C #2651 w/ #1138’s (RD/DJ) Drivetrain
93 RD/DJ 13C #4942
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

buddha wrote:Looks much better. Hit the rubber spring isolator with some tire foam to clean it up..........sticks out now that everything else looks clean.
Thanks guys. Yea, I know about the ISO. That's happens when your in a rush to take a pic. I did however hit the iso with some tire foam and put the sway bar on shortly afterwards.
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

Looks awesome, better than off the assembly line. Ok I'm next, can you help me with a (brake job?) ha!
-Brian-
93 SVT #15 (pre-production)
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

This is how we chill from 93 till.....
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

rolltide93 wrote:Looks awesome, better than off the assembly line. Ok I'm next, can you help me with a (brake job?) ha!
:lol: Yea really, I know what you meen.
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Here is a couple more pics. Also, had the driver seat CUSHION replaced by a upholstery guy by me. I asked him to take pics of the job while he was doing it..... But, of course he didn't. I just have pics of the seat done with the old cushion beside it. Made it like new. Nice and firm. I used TMI's seat cushion.

$85 for the cushion
$95 for the upholster to do the job.

Remember..this seat has 150k miles of use on it.

Here it is back in the car.

Another picture of some detailing of the suspension. I wired wheel the brake lines also.

Last edited by BrettT on Mon May 02, 2011 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MWoods26

Post by MWoods26 »

Thats the nicest 150k mile seat I have ever seen.
93 COBRA #3066 Teal/Gray cloth
93 COBRA #4738 Teal/Gray cloth (SOLD)
93 COBRA #4935 Teal on Black w/sunroof (SOLD)
93 COBRA #4969 Teal on Black w/sunroof (SOLD)
93 COBRA #2243 Black on Black (SOLD)
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Thanks Woods.... appreciate that.

Yea, not bad. Surprised myself. Just that the cushion was weak and the seat springs needed readjusted.
buddha

Post by buddha »

BrettT 93|03 wrote:Thanks Woods.... appreciate that.

Yea, not bad. Surprised myself. Just that the cushion was weak and the seat springs needed readjusted.
So he just reused the old cover? Not bad if he did.

Once you see someone do a set, you'll do it yourself next go around. It's ultra simple. All you need are the right tools and take your time. I redid my leather ones in the red car and they came out great........better than the factory stuff.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

Is this project where you are changing the springs too?
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
Mark93

Post by Mark93 »

THAT LOOKS GREAT (can't park mine long enough maybe i will do this come wintertime) :D
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

buddha wrote:
BrettT 93|03 wrote:Thanks Woods.... appreciate that.

So he just reused the old cover? Not bad if he did.

Once you see someone do a set, you'll do it yourself next go around. It's ultra simple. All you need are the right tools and take your time. I redid my leather ones in the red car and they came out great........better than the factory stuff.
Yes, the seat covers were reused. I did give it some thought of doing it myself. But I notice that the support springs needed to be adjusted and the fact that I have never done upholstery before and that this would be my first attempt in doing some upholstery. I decided to pass and let a professional do it. Didn't think $95 wasn't to bad either. He had it done in about a day.

I do agree with ya Buddha, if I could see someone do it just once. Then I would be able to tackle it on my own then.

Do you have any before and after pics of your seats?
WillyB93 wrote:Is this project where you are changing the springs too?
Yep Willy, doing a suspension mod. As I like to keep the car as close to orginal. I can't resist in doing a couple (I think) acceptable mods since I have the car apart. I will keep all the stock stuff in regards to the suspension in storage that I change out. Just doing springs, struts/shocks, and CC plates. Also, replaced all the control arm bushing with OEM Rubber bushing. Only the Rear Lower Control arms will have poly bushings as you can't get OEM replacement bushings for them. (that I have seen).

Mark93 wrote:THAT LOOKS GREAT (can't park mine long enough maybe i will do this come wintertime) :D
Thanks!! Yea, this would of been a nice project for next winter also for me. Been under preasure in trying to get it done fast since the nice weather is comeing and REALLY want to drive the car. ALso, the fact that Im trying get this car into a car show that is coming in the next couple weeks.