Failed Texas Emissions...

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

buddha

Post by buddha »

BrettT 93|03 wrote:feel for ya (tliss)

I just baught my cobra in early March. Late April I recieved the emmision test notice in the mail. Cant stand it. What a rip and waist of time. Well good luck. I plan on doing mine later this month.
Just did mine last week on the black car. Off came the non-catted x-pipe, on with the catted version....lol! Silly little game to play, but whatever.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
aaronlstiles

Exhaust stuff

Post by aaronlstiles »

HOTT Exhaust sells magnaflow High Flow cats for like $60 each, take them to a Exhaust shop and have them installed. Easier than Constant swapping out H-pipes, and should cost less than $150 total. Ibeen through that a few times.

http://www.hottexhaust.com/
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

buddha wrote:
BrettT 93|03 wrote:feel for ya (tliss)

I just baught my cobra in early March. Late April I recieved the emmision test notice in the mail. Cant stand it. What a rip and waist of time. Well good luck. I plan on doing mine later this month.
Just did mine last week on the black car. Off came the non-catted x-pipe, on with the catted version....lol! Silly little game to play, but whatever.
LOL... Yep! your right Buddha, I did the same sh!t back in the day. I remember taking my old 92 with a R-trim, B-cam, Long tubes with a MODIFIED stock cated h-pipe. I cut the stock cated h-pipe in half and just used the rear half of it... mounted to the long tubes. I left the blower on and took the blower belt off. Hooked up the stock oem mass air meter and pipeing. Put the 19lb injectors on and put the timeing back to 10. Turned the A/c on and got the motor real nice and warm right before it went in for the test.

I couldn't believe it, but it passed. I was laughing all the way home that fact it pass like that. Threw all my mods back the way they were.
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Sounds too much like work to me.
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

nope, no more then a hour each way.
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

I would start by checking the adjustment of the clutch, if it is still stock your plastic adjuster under the dash may be wore out. The quick fix to that is get yourself a quadrant kit for easier adjustment.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
buddha

Post by buddha »

WillyB93 wrote:I would start by checking the adjustment of the clutch, if it is still stock your plastic adjuster under the dash may be wore out. The quick fix to that is get yourself a quadrant kit for easier adjustment.
X2. Sounds like the adjustment is out of whack. It's possible you already have an aftermarket one installed and the cable has stretched. There are a lot of junk ones out there.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP