On broken bulbs and loose wing nuts..........

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

kilrain

On broken bulbs and loose wing nuts..........

Post by kilrain »

So last Monday I decided to take a few high speed passes in the Cobra to see what she still had in her. Between me and a couple of friends, we probably did nine or ten passes, rowing throught the gears at over 5000 rpm. I am please to announce that #4633 performed admirably, just as expected, however there were some consequences.

The next time I drove her at night I noted that the passenger side head light was out. Upon further inspection, I determined that the bulb had shattered inside the housing. Now, it could have just been normal wear and tear however I think it was from the associated vibration from the many hard acceleration pulls. I ain't complaining, just noting it for reference. I didn't cheap out however and replaced both bulbs, just in case.

I parked the Cobra for the work week and drove my Crown Vic. When I started her up this weekend, I noted an usual rattle. After a little searching, I noted the rear wing/spoiler was slightly loose. I broke out the sockets and tigtened her up. All four nuts were over a full turn loose. Once again, it could be coincidence, however I think it was the associated vibration from the previous week. Just my humble opinion.

The moral of this long winded story is...........check your nuts! Make sure they are tight and secure cause if not, you could lose your wings!
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

My nuts are fine !
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE