Who stores their car all winter?

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

phorty

Post by phorty »

Nevermind, I get it. You run through the gas before you stop to fill up again. I thought you meant you ran another additive called a 'fuel stop' once you started running the car in the spring.
'93 Cobra #220- Black over Gray Cloth- 4.10's, Long Tubes, 57K miles- SOLD 8/8
'06 GT- Windveil Blue over Light Graphite Leather- 5spd
'93 Notch- 144k miles
WildEagle

Fuel Stabilizer

Post by WildEagle »

"fuel stop" or when you stop at the gas station for gas. You are in the Chicago area? I just moved from Mount Prospect in late November. I used to drive into Chicago to work. I worked in Chicago on Foster and Kedzie ave.
I don't know if you are into Mustang clubs but I was a member of CMC or Chicago Land Mustang Club at http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/ There gathering point was at Downers Grove. They are a pretty good group with some good activities. A good percentage of their Mustangs are 1999-04. I was there representing the fox body's. Take it easy
Teal 1993 Cobra number 4518
1966 GT Fastback
phorty

Post by phorty »

I've heard of that club before. I'll definately look into them. I actually live in Naperville. I used to drive into the Northwest part of Chicago (North Ave. and Narragansett) everyday but I recently switched jobs and now I have a shorter commute into Downers Grove.
'93 Cobra #220- Black over Gray Cloth- 4.10's, Long Tubes, 57K miles- SOLD 8/8
'06 GT- Windveil Blue over Light Graphite Leather- 5spd
'93 Notch- 144k miles
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

phorty wrote:Thanks for the help. This winter has been quite mild so I've been able to run the car weekly and even drive it around the block regularly. So it doesn't appear that I'll need it this winter. Yesterday was 46 degrees. Not your typical January 8 in Chicago. Another question; what do you mean by 'fuel stop'?
He means before he fills the tank again, burn out whats in the tank first
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE