* What did you do to your Cobra today? *

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

noac

Re: * What did you do to your Cobra today? *

Post by noac »

93-3928 wrote:Let me know how that steering works. I feel that 3928 is loose. It floats around a lot. However it only has 27,000 miles on it. Not sure how to address this. Put new shocks and struts on, helped. But probably need some input on this!

Tom
Maybe new outer tie rods would help....I believe original Ford are still available.
Psychokinesis

Post by Psychokinesis »

noac wrote:
93-3928 wrote:Let me know how that steering works. I feel that 3928 is loose. It floats around a lot. However it only has 27,000 miles on it. Not sure how to address this. Put new shocks and struts on, helped. But probably need some input on this!

Tom
Maybe new outer tie rods would help....I believe original Ford are still available.
It felt really loose also..i have been driving my sons terminator and loved the way it feels so decided to upgrade since i was gonna do a rack any way. Once aligned i will let you know,
93Cobra#2771

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

Castor/camber plates and an alignment to Steeda's specs did wonders for mine. A 20yo car and old technology makes our old cobras feel like the ss minnow compared to newer stuff today. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy
93-3928

Post by 93-3928 »

Thanks guys. Keep the suggestions coming!
Tom
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

93Cobra#2771 wrote:Castor/camber plates and an alignment to Steeda's specs did wonders for mine.
Absolutely! My Cobra has Steeda cc plates, Tokico 5-position adjustable front struts & rear shocks, Bilstein rear axle dampers and Steeda upper & lower rear control arms and holds its own in the handling department. Tightening up the car's chassis with subframe connectors and a strut tower-cowl brace would make a noticeable difference as well.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
93Cobra#2771

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

I have the tokico 5 way adjustables as well. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Put some fresh air in the new gatorbacks, took it to get it inspected, 400 miles put on her in the last 3 years.... :drive:
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
Psychokinesis

Post by Psychokinesis »

Finally rewired the Fog lights. Now they are on its on relay: works with the parking lights and also will go off when hi beams are applied. Just like stock except for no hot light switch and fogs with parking lights.

Update on the steering: This 03 steering rack is great, more feed back, solid feeling, no slop, but a little stiff (guess i can live with that). She still wanders, not as bad, but that's probably the tires.
Goose17

Post by Goose17 »

Psychokinesis wrote:Finally rewired the Fog lights. Now they are on its on relay: works with the parking lights and also will go off when hi beams are applied. Just like stock except for no hot light switch and fogs with parking lights.

Update on the steering: This 03 steering rack is great, more feed back, solid feeling, no slop, but a little stiff (guess i can live with that). She still wanders, not as bad, but that's probably the tires.
I'd love a "how to" or pictures! My 89 has had the" lights-cutout" issue since the 90's. I just stopped using the fogs. When I restore the car, I need to fix this problem.
'11 GT500 FR750 2.9 Whipple, '04 Mystichrome Terminator vert, '02 Mustang GT, 00R, '93 Cobra #1447, '89 Mustang GT vert.

Psychokinesis

Post by Psychokinesis »

Goose17 wrote:
Psychokinesis wrote:Finally rewired the Fog lights. Now they are on its on relay: works with the parking lights and also will go off when hi beams are applied. Just like stock except for no hot light switch and fogs with parking lights.

I'd love a "how to" or pictures! My 89 has had the" lights-cutout" issue since the 90's. I just stopped using the fogs. When I restore the car, I need to fix this problem.
Tk1299

Post by Tk1299 »

Began cleaning inner wheel wells and inside of wheel rims.
1993 Cobra - Kenne Bell 2.1 Flowzilla/Alkycontrol Meth Injection
2003 Cobra - K&N /Borla Exhaust
Goose17

Post by Goose17 »

Psychokinesis wrote:
Goose17 wrote:

Thank you!
Psychokinesis

Post by Psychokinesis »

Tom
Update. Steering rack works great. Still have a little wander but 90 percent better. Solid steering feel. My son says he loves the way it feels now.
lukewood2

Post by lukewood2 »

New (NOS) ECU put in. Smiles all day :):):):)
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

It's over 60 degrees in the East today, so a Sunday morning drive was required. Nothing like 400+ horsepower to shatter the winter doldrums! :burnout:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)