respect

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

1993cobra
Site Admin

respect

Post by 1993cobra »

Well, I'll start by saying I have never have really cared for "cleaning up threads" editing post, deleting post, or moving post. But, as the board has grown and it's a lot more active than ever. I can now see why moderators at other message boards do what they do. So, we will be cleaning, moving or splitting some topics that go off topic. A few of the threads lately have been wondering off topic, or turned into bashing the OP or the OP's items or car's for sale. Most of these post have been in good fun. But, some have become mean, bashing sessions. That hurt's some feelings, and any chance of selling their item(s)... and yes I have been guilty of this also. But, the time has come when when need to keep on the topic, keep the off topic discussions to a minimal. This will help keep the thread OPs from being disappointed. It will also keep others who come here looking for a needed part, information, help, or even looking for a car from being disappointed and discouraged from even purchasing or becoming a member! So, for now lets try to use the "Anything goes" section for, way off topic discussions, joking around, or whatever basically "anything" brings. As, for the classifieds cars, parts for sale. If, someone has something for sale, treat it as if it were yours, would you want someone beating your item to death or telling you how far off your asking price is? Make an offer if you think the price is high, and wait for acceptance of that offer or counter offer is way better way than beating someone's price, and try to be less critical of those offer's or counter offers.

All of the mods here I'm sure feel the same, I'am not asking for anything crazy, as its not just any one person. But, we just need to respect other fellow member's a little more. I will keep this best site available for all things 1993 Cobra!

Thanks,
Admin &
Mods
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

yes sir, i feel ya. im gonna try to keep my stupid shit to a minumum, lol
BLK on Leather
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

Amen and Merry Christmas!!! :D
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

ok finally, members on here wont bash me anymore... its just a hobby! :wink: love you all like a family.
Last edited by dbrennancobra on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
Phistry810

Post by Phistry810 »

Sounds good to me!!
93 SVT Cobra Black/Gray #2010
05 Wrangler Willys 1 of 2,000
89 LX 5.0 Black Convertible (sold)
94 GT 5.0 White Convertible (sold)
88 GT 5.0 Red (sold)
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

oh and btw, im also still looking for dill valve caps. originals... That tread went WACK!

Moderator, i think this message is needed, this site has changed alot from when i joined, and lets keep the 1993 cobra forum growning in the future (in a positive kind of way) we dont want our reputation of 93 cobra owners on other forums to talk trash, so i see where your heading on this...

anyways merry christmas everyone!
NoSloCoupe

Post by NoSloCoupe »

R-E-S-P-C-T

A-A-S-A-Please

For the Duck Dynasty fans,lol.
93Cobra#2771

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

This is a much needed addition to the site - If we want this site to stay relevant and even a research tool in the future, then threads need to stay at least mostly on topic. When the thread turns into 3 pages and 2.75 of those pages are useless, off topic stuff, it can get very tiresome.

Awesome!
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Wow! I go away for a week and the site admin gets all serious about respect. I was hoping to keep making fun of his passion for Pontiacs! :cry:

Kidding! In all seriousness, I totally agree with his message and will do my part to stay on topic. Like Vin, I will keep the stupid s$%t to a minimum as well.

Now, off to the "Anything Goes" section ... 8)
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

I have thought long and hard about this thread, and i think respect is key to success for this site.. I have posted my opinion many times, and get 2 or 3 replies stating different. When i bought my cobra I got a great word of wisdom advice from the original owner of my red/black, that is you will get negative comments from others, and to be a lurker is better on forums vs. posting... again i have thought long and hard on this decision. I feel that i know more about these cars than others, i have been watching the trends on these cars for roughly 10 years now (maybe not as much as Aaron, Speed, Willy, Kevin) but i will leave it up to the newbies to make all suggestions and comments of true values, conditions, what to look for, etc in these rare limited cars. Good luck to the new buyers out there, and if they want me to review/suggest on potential cars, feel free to PM me direct and i will review and try to give you my best opinion on a potential car (I have done this already for a few member's). DB signing out.

Kevin this is a great site, keep up the good work.
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

DB, sorry to see your comments. Part of what makes this site fun are some of the crazier postings (a vast majority of which are clearly just jokes). Being the topic of the admin's recent poll makes me pretty knowlegeable on this point. :wink:

But in all seriousness, I wholeheartedly agree with the admin's comments in another thread - you do bring a lot to the site and few are as dedicated to the hobby as you are. Many of your posts are quite interesting and it would be a shame for you to quit the site. The other, more important part of what makes this site fun is the vast amount of info you can get about these cars and you're certainly part of that.

I have been one to post a different opinion than you several times, and while a "newbie" to this site, I have owned Mustangs since 1988 and know a ton about these cars. Those posts are just another opinion, not a personal attack on you.

A site like this sometimes requires a thick skin (see my 1st paragraph). However, except for a minor few, most of the differing posts on all these topics only provide more info and keep the site interesting. This site is much more fun when you don't take things personally - I know it is for me.

Hopefully, you'll change your mind. If not, best of luck to you. Maybe we'll cross paths at a car show one day. I'll be the owner of the modded black with the 1st Place trophy! 8)
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

He won't leave, better not. :wink:

I offered him a title/rank to go underneath is name that HE would like to have for himself for being such contributor to the site. He wanted "Mustang Enthusiast". I think that fits, and is well deserved, DB will be the only one to carry that title/rank.

DB, don't sweat it man, been there before years ago for constantly posting WTB postings for a Teal/Blk/Sunroof car. :lol:

Take it easy bro.

Was getting around to posting a title/rank thread in the anything goes section.... But, might be a better time then ever to start it here.

If, you have over 500 post and would like a PERSONAL CUSTOM Title/Rank ID under your username. Just PM me what you would like and we will add it to your profile, admin & mod discretion will apply. So keep it clean. Also, space may be limited in the admin's data base to do such an offer. So, first come first serve. It's just something extra that can be offered to the users of this site.

Please don't post your request here.

Continuation of title/rank topic : viewtopic.php?p=45037#45037
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

guys already talked to moderator, im not going to post anything about value of these cars, i will leave that up to others. I will however maintain my collectible status, by continuing posting of my collectibles, and or car show wins! and thats it. But i will be taking a break from posting for awhile, ROLLTIDE style... out for now.
SPEEDFREEK

Post by SPEEDFREEK »

dbrennancobra wrote:guys already talked to moderator, im not going to post anything about value of these cars, i will leave that up to others. I will however maintain my collectible status, by continuing posting of my collectibles, and or car show wins! and thats it. But i will be taking a break from posting for awhile, ROLLTIDE style... out for now.
Finally!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding DB. :lol: :lol:
89 Saleen SSC #168 10k miles
90 Saleen Vert #93 26k miles
92 Cobra Prototype 8k miles
93 Cobra #3032 Teal/gray cloth 6k miles
93 Cobra #3620 Black/Gray leather 12k miles
93 Cobra #4993 Teal/Gray Leather
93 Yellow SE 5spd, 4k miles
93 5.0 coupe 19k miles
94 GT 7k miles
92 25th 1LE Z28 900 miles
billymax4084

Re: respect

Post by billymax4084 »

I love this site and without it and the members here I would not be back in a 93 cobra . Its hard to tell how someone is saying something over the internet , I can see where peoples feelings might get hurt , but I do enjoy reading some of the ribbing you guys give each other.