Strut Towers...Anyone?

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

laz2447

Strut Towers...Anyone?

Post by laz2447 »

Anyone running a strut tower brace on their Cobra with the stock intake?

The one I was looking at (Mac) only works with their cold air kit. Another one I found on ebay said it fit the Cobra intake but the car they showed it with had an aftermarket cold air setup again. Not looking to install a cold air kit as I like the look of the stock engine bay. I have a high flow drop in filter and thats good enough for me. (Please don't flame me for saying this!) :lol:

Anyone know of a strut tower brace that will work? Links?

Thanks!
big frank

Re: Strut Towers...Anyone?

Post by big frank »

laz2447 wrote:Anyone running a strut tower brace on their Cobra with the stock intake?

The one I was looking at (Mac) only works with their cold air kit. Another one I found on ebay said it fit the Cobra intake but the car they showed it with had an aftermarket cold air setup again. Not looking to install a cold air kit as I like the look of the stock engine bay. I have a high flow drop in filter and thats good enough for me. (Please don't flame me for saying this!) :lol:

Thanks!
Did you try Maximum Motorsports? I think they make one, and they also make one for a carb, so that may work also.
93 Cobra, Kenne Bell 2.1L, 42# injectors, 76mm C&L MAF and inlet tube, MM sub frames & K-brace, Hurst SST shifter, Moates QuarterHorse, DataQ, BE/EA tuning software, Flowmaster cat backs, Autometer gauges.

68 Shelby GT-350 in restoration
laz2447

Re: Strut Towers...Anyone?

Post by laz2447 »

big frank wrote:
laz2447 wrote:Anyone running a strut tower brace on their Cobra with the stock intake?

Thanks!
Did you try Maximum Motorsports? I think they make one, and they also make one for a carb, so that may work also.
Ill check them out...they were one of the companies on my list...

Thanks bro!
Dantak

Post by Dantak »

I got one on mine but I don't know what the brand is. It was on there when I bought it.

BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

It works and does its job, it really doesnt matter who makes it.

Cool ride, damn I miss mine.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
Dantak

Post by Dantak »

I don't mean to pour salt on a fresh wound, but why'd you sell it? I sold my 91 LX about 6 years ago and have been kicking myself ever since.
black93svt

Post by black93svt »

I think BBK makes one that fits.
93 Cobra Teal #574 Sold
93 Cobra Black #3503 Sold

Looking for one again!
Kevins89notch5.0

Post by Kevins89notch5.0 »

They looks nice, help handling a bit maybe, but I wouldn't want to drill the holes to mount one on a cobra.
** 89 LX 5.0 ** Currently in hibernation
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

Dantak wrote:I don't mean to pour salt on a fresh wound, but why'd you sell it? I sold my 91 LX about 6 years ago and have been kicking myself ever since.
Divorce, that says it all.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
93COBRAinAZ

Post by 93COBRAinAZ »

BADBOY wrote:
Dantak wrote:I don't mean to pour salt on a fresh wound, but why'd you sell it? I sold my 91 LX about 6 years ago and have been kicking myself ever since.
Divorce, that says it all.
I recently went through a divorce, had to pay her over $100,000 but I still kept the car. :wink:
1993 COBRA #4975
Teal/Black cloth
laz2447

Post by laz2447 »

Dantak wrote:I got one on mine but I don't know what the brand is. It was on there when I bought it.

looks good! like i said i need one to clear the stock intake though.

i keep going back and forth about it though. might do the cai, and then i change my mind 5 mins later. how do you like yours? notice a good dif?
Dantak

Post by Dantak »

Not really sure what you mean. That is the stock intake. If you mean go over the top of it, I'm almost sure there isn't enough clearance between the intake and the hood for that.
laz2447

Post by laz2447 »

Dantak wrote:Not really sure what you mean. That is the stock intake. If you mean go over the top of it, I'm almost sure there isn't enough clearance between the intake and the hood for that.
i think i was saying one thing and meaning another...i thought of that after i typed it...wasnt being specific enough!

i know alot of the brands say that their towers arent compatable with other cai's or factory tubes etc...

either way your right, and your picture did answer the question i asked...

what i should of said was does anyone have any pictures of a strut tower on a stock intake with the facotry airbox and intake tube!
Bryan Rogers

Post by Bryan Rogers »

black93svt wrote:I think BBK makes one that fits.
Yes, ours fit around the Cobra intake.
Red/Grey 93 Cobra Full bolt-on 306 W/ BBK Instacharger,

88 ASC McLaren Full project car

'06 GT full bolt-on

'05 Suzuki DRZ 400S Supermoto
QWKSNKE

Post by QWKSNKE »

Any of the available strut tower braces will clear the stock intake.
93 Cobra
84 SVO

www.streetstangs.net (pushrod/modmotor/ EEC tech forums)