Need a favor--pulley measure

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

big frank

Need a favor--pulley measure

Post by big frank »

Can someone go out and take an accurate measurment of their stock crankshaft pulley for me? Or if you are absolutly sure you know the exact size, please post it here. I need the measurment at the outside flange.

I believe that the stock GT measurment was 6.5", and the Cobra's stock pulley was 14% smaller, which should make it 5.59". I'm having a problem with my supercharger not making the boost that they say it will with the pulleys it's running and they are telling me that the stock Cobra crank pulley is just under 5", which I'm sure it's not. Thanks...
93 Cobra, Kenne Bell 2.1L, 42# injectors, 76mm C&L MAF and inlet tube, MM sub frames & K-brace, Hurst SST shifter, Moates QuarterHorse, DataQ, BE/EA tuning software, Flowmaster cat backs, Autometer gauges.

68 Shelby GT-350 in restoration
Black306

Post by Black306 »

Mine measures just over 5 3/8" and just under 5 1/2".

Derek
WestCoastFords.com

'03 Cobra / '01 Focus S2

"Bottles are for babies...real men get blown."
big frank

Post by big frank »

Black306 wrote:Mine measures just over 5 3/8" and just under 5 1/2".

Thanks Derek. I'm sure when I measured mine it was 5.60" to the outside. I wonder what the deal is...

I still would like to catch up with you sometime. I'm in Red Bluff. Always up for meeting Mustang owners. Are you going to the Sac Mustang show in October? Do you hang with any Mustang clubs down your way?

On edit, what brand of belt are you running? Are you running the stock 6 rib still?
93 Cobra, Kenne Bell 2.1L, 42# injectors, 76mm C&L MAF and inlet tube, MM sub frames & K-brace, Hurst SST shifter, Moates QuarterHorse, DataQ, BE/EA tuning software, Flowmaster cat backs, Autometer gauges.

Black306

Post by Black306 »

Sac Mustang as in Sacramento Mustang, the performance shop? If so, not a chance in hell. :lol: I don't care for that place. The parts guys are often rude and their prices are most of the time too high.

I'm still hanging out with a few friends from when I was doing the West Coast Fords thing. Actually, we're doing a cruise from Sac to South Lake Tahoe (via Jackson Rd./4/89/88 ) this Sunday. If you want to hang out, you're more than welcome. We're meeting at the gas station on Bradshaw Rd. and Jackson Rd. (near Sac Raceway) and hitting the road at 9:00am.

I'm running a Goodyear Gatorback.
Derek
WestCoastFords.com

'03 Cobra / '01 Focus S2

big frank

Post by big frank »

Black306 wrote:Sac Mustang as in Sacramento Mustang, the performance shop? If so, not a chance in hell. :lol: I don't care for that place. The parts guys are often rude and their prices are most of the time too high.

I'm still hanging out with a few friends from when I was doing the West Coast Fords thing. Actually, we're doing a cruise from Sac to South Lake Tahoe (via Jackson Rd./4/89/88 ) this Sunday. If you want to hang out, you're more than welcome. We're meeting at the gas station on Bradshaw Rd. and Jackson Rd. (near Sac Raceway) and hitting the road at 9:00am.

I'm running a Goodyear Gatorback.
Yeah. Sac Mustang can be a pain. I have bought a few things from them for the '68. Took them 3 times to get the right interior kit to me. Haven't bought anything from them since.

Thanks for the invite, but I have stuff to do on Sunday. I'm sure we will catch up sometime.

I'll look into the Gatorback belt. I have heard they are good.

Frank

1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

hey bigfrank do you remember this thread where we talked about the pulley and I measured a gt and a cobra pulley for you?

viewtopic.php?p=3923&highlight=#3923
big frank

Post by big frank »

1993cobra wrote:hey bigfrank do you remember this thread where we talked about the pulley and I measured a gt and a cobra pulley for you?

viewtopic.php?p=3923&highlight=#3923
Oh yeah! I'm old and forget sometime. Plus I read about 5 different forum sites and get 40 or 50 emails a day. Oh, and did I tell you I'm old and forget sometimes??? :)

Thanks

Black306

Post by Black306 »

big frank wrote:
Thanks for the invite, but I have stuff to do on Sunday. I'm sure we will catch up sometime.

Frank
Too bad you couldn't go.....you missed out! I'll let you know the next time we go. Hopefully you can make it next time. :D
Derek
WestCoastFords.com

'03 Cobra / '01 Focus S2

big frank

Post by big frank »

Black306 wrote:
big frank wrote:

Frank
Too bad you couldn't go.....you missed out! I'll let you know the next time we go. Hopefully you can make it next time. :D
Did you guys cruise to Tahoe and back the same day, or did you stay over? I would like to do a cruise with you guys sometime. It's just that I'm 130 miles from Sac, then the cruise, then back home is a long day for me! You guys sure had good weather for the run. Where did you end up going?

Black306

Post by Black306 »

big frank wrote:
Did you guys cruise to Tahoe and back the same day, or did you stay over? I would like to do a cruise with you guys sometime. It's just that I'm 130 miles from Sac, then the cruise, then back home is a long day for me! You guys sure had good weather for the run. Where did you end up going?
We did it all in the same day. There were a couple people that came from the Bay Area and had to take the long way around cause of the Bay Bridge closure. And that was about 130 miles each way. :wink:

This is the route we took: cruise

I would love to do a multi-day cruise. Problem is that sometimes, getting a single day cruise is hard enough. The only big cruise I organize is the annual Knotts show in SoCal. We leave on Friday, hang out Sat, then attend the show on Sunday.

We are already talking about the next cruise. I'm starting to look for new routes. :D
Derek
WestCoastFords.com

'03 Cobra / '01 Focus S2

big frank

Post by big frank »

Black306 wrote:
big frank wrote:
We did it all in the same day. There were a couple people that came from the Bay Area and had to take the long way around cause of the Bay Bridge closure. And that was about 130 miles each way. :wink:

This is the route we took: cruise

I would love to do a multi-day cruise. Problem is that sometimes, getting a single day cruise is hard enough. The only big cruise I organize is the annual Knotts show in SoCal. We leave on Friday, hang out Sat, then attend the show on Sunday.

We are already talking about the next cruise. I'm starting to look for new routes. :D
That's an interesting route. Never been up that way to Tahoe. Let me know when you guys have another event.

Frank

phorty

Post by phorty »

Does anyone know the measure of the rest of the pulleys? I ask because I'm having major charging problems and wondered if the previous owner added aftermarket pulleys.
'93 Cobra #220- Black over Gray Cloth- 4.10's, Long Tubes, 57K miles- SOLD 8/8
'06 GT- Windveil Blue over Light Graphite Leather- 5spd
'93 Notch- 144k miles
Black306

Post by Black306 »

The only other different pulley should be the water pump. All other pulleys are the same. My water pump pulley measured about 4" in diameter where the belts rides.
Derek
WestCoastFords.com

'03 Cobra / '01 Focus S2

Black306

Post by Black306 »

big frank wrote: That's an interesting route. Never been up that way to Tahoe. Let me know when you guys have another event.

Frank
A friend of mine is toying with a dyno day/BBQ down in the East Bay SF. If you had a chance to do some changes to your car, now would be a good time to see if they work. :D I'll be bringing my '93 to see what it does 100% stock. Then, I'll make a few changes. 8)

PS. The invite also goes out to anyone willing to make a drive to the East Bay.
Derek
WestCoastFords.com

'03 Cobra / '01 Focus S2

big frank

Post by big frank »

Black306 wrote:
big frank wrote: That's an interesting route. Never been up that way to Tahoe. Let me know when you guys have another event.

Frank
A friend of mine is toying with a dyno day/BBQ down in the East Bay SF. If you had a chance to do some changes to your car, now would be a good time to see if they work. :D I'll be bringing my '93 to see what it does 100% stock. Then, I'll make a few changes. 8)

PS. The invite also goes out to anyone willing to make a drive to the East Bay.
Who's dyno shop are you guys going to run at? I would be up for that IF my car is done. I can't dyno it right now as I'm running out of air through the MAF, and don't want to hurt it. The car probaby won't be done before next month.

Let me know when, and I may just come down to hang out.