1993 Cobra Mass Air, Computer Setup - Info Requested

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

ccognetta

1993 Cobra Mass Air, Computer Setup - Info Requested

Post by ccognetta »

Whats the deal, hearing alot of different stories and combinations. I need the specific deals, part #s if you have them..

for the computer, mass air housing size and sensor and the big
issue is it for 19lb or 24lb. I have been hearing the computer handles
the calibration for the 24lbs, so it doesn't need a 24lb sample tube in the
mass air???

THanks.
CC
big frank

Re: 1993 Cobra Mass Air, Computer Setup - Info Requested

Post by big frank »

ccognetta wrote:Whats the deal, hearing alot of different stories and combinations. I need the specific deals, part #s if you have them..

mass air???

THanks.
CC
The mass air, throttle body and injectors are all different on the Cobra than on the GT. I dont have part numbers, but you can look on the home page here and find some of the stuff you are looking for.

Yes, the computer handles the difference on these parst, so the computer is also different than the GT version.
93 Cobra, Kenne Bell 2.1L, 42# injectors, 76mm C&L MAF and inlet tube, MM sub frames & K-brace, Hurst SST shifter, Moates QuarterHorse, DataQ, BE/EA tuning software, Flowmaster cat backs, Autometer gauges.

68 Shelby GT-350 in restoration
barryvanhook

Post by barryvanhook »

big frank wrote:
ccognetta wrote:Whats the deal, hearing alot of different stories and combinations. I need the specific deals, part #s if you have them..

mass air???

THanks.
CC
The mass air, throttle body and injectors are all different on the Cobra than on the GT. I dont have part numbers, but you can look on the home page here and find some of the stuff you are looking for.

Yes, the computer handles the difference on these parst, so the computer is also different than the GT version.
I had questions about these issues also since the car I bought had 14 years of yahoo tuning in the induction track. And it seems like there are differences of opinion on this matter. The guys here at AMP Performance claim that the Cobra mass air is calibrated for 19# but the computer compensates to enable the functionality with the 24# injectors. I am presently running the stock computer, 75mm PMAS mass air calibrate for 19#, and a 70mm BBK throttle body with stock injectors .... the car runs great.

Barry
Barry L. Van Hook
SVT #4290
QWKSNKE

Post by QWKSNKE »

barryvanhook wrote:
. The guys here at AMP Performance claim that the Cobra mass air is calibrated for 19# but the computer compensates to enable the functionality with the 24# injectors. I am presently running the stock computer, 75mm PMAS mass air calibrate for 19#, and a 70mm BBK throttle body with stock injectors .... the car runs great.

Barry
that is correct
93 Cobra
84 SVO

www.streetstangs.net (pushrod/modmotor/ EEC tech forums)
ccognetta

Post by ccognetta »

Ok. so its a

Stock Cobra Computer F3ZZ-12A650 (anyone know the code like A9L?)
19lb Mass Air Sensor F1SZ-12B579-A
24lb injectors F1TZ-9F593-C x 24

And computer handles the work for the 24lbs!

Just gotta find the part numbers now!
number19

Post by number19 »

according to this:
http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=17
93 Cobra Comp code is: X3Z
it's a great site...
Teal93Cobra

Post by Teal93Cobra »

barryvanhook wrote:
big frank wrote:

mass air???

THanks.
CC

I had questions about these issues also since the car I bought had 14 years of yahoo tuning in the induction track. And it seems like there are differences of opinion on this matter. The guys here at AMP Performance claim that the Cobra mass air is calibrated for 19# but the computer compensates to enable the functionality with the 24# injectors. I am presently running the stock computer, 75mm PMAS mass air calibrate for 19#, and a 70mm BBK throttle body with stock injectors .... the car runs great.

Barry

That is correct...but running the factory X3Z processor is a brick performance-wise

I installed a C&L 73mm (which has removable sample tube) calibrated for 24s and an A9L processor (left the factory X3Z in the kickpanel, disconnected 60pin and reconnected to A9L, then placed beneath carpet in passenger foot well up high)

I've run a 8.48 in the 1/8 mile on drag radials thru the factory 3.08s thus far...still maintaining 21mpg overall
"Some is good, more is better...and too much is just enough" - Carroll Shelby