your first 93 cobra

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

93KingCobra

Post by 93KingCobra »

ceetwarrior wrote:So you fell in love with the Cobra, but what about the cobrachick?
She turned out to not be my type of girl...You win some and you loose some...
1993 Cobra Black #4265 of 4993 Born on 6/9/1993 SOLD
http://www.svtcobraclub.com
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

93KingCobra wrote:
ceetwarrior wrote:So you fell in love with the Cobra, but what about the cobrachick?
I lost my Cobra because of my girl ( soon to be ex-wife ) does that count.

I hope to regain me a snake before I ever concider getting married.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
laz2447

Post by laz2447 »

BADBOY wrote:
93KingCobra wrote:
I lost my Cobra because of my girl ( soon to be ex-wife ) does that count.

I hope to regain me a snake before I ever concider getting married.
Hope you get her back someday! The car that is...
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

Well I wouldnt want a cheating -_-_ back anyway.

Im coming to get it back from you one day Kevin.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
#195 - 1 of 185
MY 93 SNAKE
Kevins89notch5.0

Post by Kevins89notch5.0 »

BADBOY wrote:Im coming to get it back from you one day Kevin.
Note to self, never post my home address! :lol:

I now have exactly what I've always wanted. Take care of your kids now, and when the time comes, I'm sure you'll be able to locate that red with black cloth cobra you've always wanted.
** 89 LX 5.0 ** Currently in hibernation
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

Kevins89notch5.0 wrote:
BADBOY wrote:Im coming to get it back from you one day Kevin.
Note to self, never post my home address! :lol:

I now have exactly what I've always wanted. Take care of your kids now, and when the time comes, I'm sure you'll be able to locate that red with black cloth cobra you've always wanted.
I am taking care of the kids and yea there was a red/black I saw not so long ago that I wanted. Just didnt have the $$$ for it.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
#195 - 1 of 185
MY 93 SNAKE
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

BADBOY wrote:Well I wouldnt want a cheating -_-_ back anyway.
:shock:

Thats probably why we are into cars so much... We know they wont go and seek someone else to drive them. They only just on occasion get a "headache" and break down not able to be driven. And very rarely do cars ever talk back.
Cobra #11
Sunday driver in fair weather.

"Passion: there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."
Kevins89notch5.0

Post by Kevins89notch5.0 »

I got a job at a deli the summer when I was 15. When I turned 16 that Sept, my parents gave me $1K, and told me they were no longer driving me around town, so buy a car. All in all I had about $3K saved up. A couple nights later, I asked if we could go to my favorite Italian place. The restaurant is on a frontage road that has a dead end. A lot of people park used cars for sale there. After dinner we drove down, and there she was, a black 88 LX! It said MUSTANG, so I thought it was cool. The ad on the window said 4 cylinder. I asked my dad what they meant, and he said it means the car gets better gas mileage. Yes, I really was that uneducated on cars then. They were asking $1800 if I remember correctly. I bought it. Driving home, the auto tranny shit its self. :roll: I knew nothing, so it was towed to a local tranmission shop. They said it was shot, and would cost me $1600. :shock: :x I was young, dumb, and had no other option, so my parents helped me cover the amount I couldn't afford. Now having such an awesome car :lol: I started browsing the internet within a couple months looking at other mustangs. I also started noticing other fox bodies around town. I don't remember the exact first time I saw it, but a local guy had a teal 93 cobra. I lived up in IL at the time, and it was a smaller town. He worked at a grocery store I drove by at least twice daily. If it was a nice day, he would have the cobra out. There were more than a couple times that after picking up some groceries I would drive along the side of the building where the employees parked, just to slowly roll by that beautiful car. It was the most beautiful car I had ever seen. There were a handful of times, I even got to drive next to it. The sound if made was music to my ears. The following spring, I saw he had it out one day parked along a one way. I wanted to see it again, so I made a couple lefts. 1/2 way around the block, a 16 year old mexican girl with no license, driving her sisters car thats not licensed or insured decides to not see my coming to a stop to turn, and she rear ended me. Yup, a teal 93 cobra was the cause of my first accident. It ruined the rear bumper, and put a small ripple in one quarter panel. The following summer, I had then long known I needed a 5.0, so in addition to my night job at the deli, I got a morning job at the grocery store the cobra owner worked at. Turns out he was transfered to another store just weeks before I got hired.

Thats pretty much the end of the story. I worked both jobs that summer, and just before turning 17 in Sept, I bought my 89 notch from the original owner. 79K miles, 5-speed, 100% stock for $4,250. It wasn't a 93 Cobra, but I was happy none the less. 7 years later I finally had the teal 93 Cobra, I had always wanted. Teal with black cloth, no holes in the front bumper, and no sunroof.
** 89 LX 5.0 ** Currently in hibernation
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

"Driving home, the auto tranny shit its self."

I know all about that... the 88 4 cyl convertible I had, the transmission had been rebuilt 3 times... Those things were crap.... that was my main reason for going to a 8 cyl 5 speed.
Cobra #11

"Passion: there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

Im telling you Kevin, im coming to get my ride back one day !
Last edited by BADBOY on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
#195 - 1 of 185
MY 93 SNAKE
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

BTW we need to stay in contact, so pm me your number.

I can and will do the same.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
#195 - 1 of 185
MY 93 SNAKE
stock2262

the first and still the same

Post by stock2262 »

Some how we (My dad) found out about them from a local dealer. We where really looking at the SAAC II mustangs at the time. We called a few dealers and found one about 40 miles away at a dealer we bought trucks from for work. In the back hidden was a red gray cloth cobra. We took it out, just me a pop. Got down the road, I drove it first, hammer down, Pop gets in, hammer down. We pulled back in and we start talking. The big reason I bought it was, they were to only be just for 1993. well it wasn't
Have come close to selling it a few times and thought better of it. I figure this is my 69 mustang of present.
ceetwarrior

Re: the first and still the same

Post by ceetwarrior »

stock2262 wrote:... Have come close to selling it a few times and thought better of it. I figure this is my 69 mustang of present.
YEP! Don't let this car be the one that "I never should have sold" hehe
'93 #3593 Teal/Black cloth - *Sold* but went to a good home! Don't join the teal/black divorce club..
'95 SVT COBRA #3463 (current)
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

Everyone keeps talking of seeing these cars brand new.... I was 12 when these cars were new... At that time all I wanted to do was get this chick in middle school to date me...
Cobra #11