Touch up

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

Ford

Post by Ford »

[quote="Ford"]Colors/Trim

There were only 3 exterior color options available for the 93 Cobra. They include Black, Red and Teal. There is technical information to support a non clear coated version of Vibrant red only of which found their way on 9 Cobra's. Exterior color codes were:

UA: Black Clearcoat

RD: Teal Metallic Clearcoat

ES: Vibrant Red Clearcoat

EY: Vibrant Red non Clearcoat

I found this information on your website ^^^^^^^^^.
Clearly ES and EY are 93 Cobra colors.

Here's the kicker. When the touch up paint arrived (ALBZ 19500-6564A) it has the code EY yet the color Ford has printed underneath the EY is Performance Red, not Vibrant Red.

Please, someone surmise about this sticky situation.

Vibrant Red Cobra owners, what is the paint code listed on the driver's door of your Cobra? Please, open the door and read the paint code.[/quote]

Please, a red Cobra owner respond.
OLLETT

Post by OLLETT »

On my door sticker it has the code ES.

I went and ordered some '93 Cobra paint from a dealership. Of course it wasn't available so I told them to let me try the tint used on the 2000 Cobra. It will come in tommorrow. I'll probably try it under the side skirt and let you guys know how it matches up.
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

"Please, a red Cobra owner respond."

What the matter, a Ford tech cant tell you the trim code, just because I own a Teal color Cobra doesnt mean that I dont know the exterior trim code for paint.

The exterior trim code for the paint is EY: Vibrant Red non Clearcoat, and ES: Vibrant Red Clearcoat as you stated before.

You typed the trim codes your self, we have been telling you where to go from there, about the 2000 Cobra R having the same color paint its just called Performance Red instead of Vibrant Red.
It seems like you want to argue over this by typing "Please, a red Cobra owner respond."

We are just tring to help you get what your looking for.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
Ford

Post by Ford »

[quote="OLLETT"]On my door sticker it has the code ES.

I went and ordered some '93 [b]Cobra[/b] paint from a dealership. Of course it wasn't available so I told them to let me try the tint used on the 2000 [b]Cobra[/b]. It will come in tommorrow. I'll probably try it under the side skirt and let you guys know how it matches up.[/quote]

Thanks for checking your paint code OLLETT. Please, let us know how well it matches.
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

The 2000 color is the same . The only reason it might not match is if your 93 paint has faded.
OLLETT

Post by OLLETT »

Well fellas it turned out to me to be a perfect match. The small Motrocraft paint container actually had ES on it. First I touched it on a couple of inconspicuous chips. To me it passed the test.(After drying of course) So if you guys don't have any I would say it's safe to buy some.

Motorcraft
ES
PM-19500-6729A