Cobra Documentation

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

Saddle

Cobra Documentation

Post by Saddle »

Hi. I've been a long time lurker and just recently joined the site after I purchased #3693 (red/black/no roof). It has some original documentation - window sticker and SVT cert. I was curious what other documentation is a "must have" for a collector? I've been looking on eBay and see a lot of different sales brochures and other literature for the 1993 Cobra. If you guys were putting together a folder full of literature, documentation, articles, etc. what all would you make sure to include? I'm going to try to put one together for this car for when I take it to shows this spring and summer. Thanks in advance for the help. I'll be sure to post some pictures and make a formal introduction post once I receive the vehicle.

Drew
1993 Cobra Vibrant Red/Black, hardtop, 34k miles
1993 Coupe Reef Blue/Black, t5, 95k miles
1990 GT Convertible, Triple Black, leather, t5, 55k miles
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: Cobra Documentation

Post by Z282SLO »

Congratulations on your purchase! A complete set of '93 Cobra documentation would include the window sticker, SVT certificate, SVT letter to owner and 1993 Mustang Owners Manual, warranty booklet, plastic warranty card, blank plastic key fobs, documents for sound system, tires, etc. and black folder for the manual/booklets/fobs.

I would also include copies of Motor Trend, Car & Driver, etc. articles on the car. Most of these can be found in archives and on EBay and were dated from June 1992 to Feb. 1993. The Cobra sales brochure, SVT dealership manuals for salespeople, and spec boards are also real nice to have.

Check this thread for the spec board - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6740&start=15.
(You're welcome, John. :D )
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

Z's list is pretty complete. 8)

Icing on the cake would be original sales contract(s) from the selling dealer, any repair orders/receipts, annual state inspection/smog-check paperwork (if applicable), new car delivery-to-customer check-off sheet, etc.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Talk to the guy who bought my car... :wink:
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
noac

Post by noac »

The most sought after documentation will be anything that is specific to the car you own with your cars VIN on it. Things like window sticker, bill of sale, mileage odometer statement, build sheet, transport documents, loan papers, registrations, MSO, titles, invoice, warranty card, envelope from the driving school, SVT cert. All the things on ebay are cool to have in the back of the car at shows. Don't forget to get a Marti Report as well-Martiauto.com.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

The only thing I didn't own was the 4x tire stickers that were found on the rim neat the valve stem.

Other rare original docs are the cobra dealer flip sheets, svt training program binder, etc

Cool items to have would be dealer plate from where sold, original key tags
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

you talking about the the little square neon yellow stickers on the wheel , you should be able make those.
TimDogg

Post by TimDogg »

Does the Svt Owners letter have any specific info about the owners car like vin #? Is anybody reproducing it? Would like a copy of one.
Saddle

Post by Saddle »

TimDogg wrote:Does the Svt Owners letter have any specific info about the owners car like vin #? Is anybody reproducing it? Would like a copy of one.
From my research it doesn't have any vehicle specific information. It's a generic letter.
noac

Post by noac »

TimDogg wrote:Does the Svt Owners letter have any specific info about the owners car like vin #? Is anybody reproducing it? Would like a copy of one.

The letter for my Cobra does not have any VIN specific info in it. The envelope that it was sent out in has a printed address label on it with the original owners name and address. On the top portion of address label the VIN and #2296/4993 is printed.
Mighty-d

Post by Mighty-d »

how can I obtain the SVT certificate?
Go to Ford?
Saddle

Post by Saddle »

Mighty-d wrote:how can I obtain the SVT certificate?
Go to Ford?
Build Certificates (different from the Build Sheet) were printed and sent out at the end of the model runs. Certificates contain exact build information and detail the production number and date, vehicle identification number and where the vehicle was produced. If you bought a used Cobra you can call Ford Racing for a new copy of the Certificate. They will need your name and VIN number. They now charge $40.00 for the Certificate. If you are a member of SVTOA a discount is available, however, your paid membership must be verified. Call Ford Racing and have your vehicle information handy.

Ford Performance Group Phone Number: 1-866-377-8862

Or contact the Ford Performance Info Center directly at: 1-800-FORD-788 • Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)

You can also order a Build Certificate directly on the Ford Performance Group/Ford Show Parts website. The cost is $40.00.
jiu-jitsu99

Post by jiu-jitsu99 »

DJ provided me with every single document mentioned above. I had my SUV fully packed with trophies, magazines, flyers, brochures, books , certificates, letters, pictures, and so much more. It is absolutely stunning when you have a full documented car! Good luck with building your memorabilia. :headbang:
1993 cobra Red/black NO sunroof #1264- Sold
1993 Cobra Teal/Black NO sunroof# 1521
2016 GT Track Pack
2016 Focus ST
2001 Corvette coupe
Looking for: RED/Black no sunroof low miles
93Cobra#2771

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

If you need a repro window sticker, I'm your guy. :-)
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

93Cobra#2771 wrote:If you need a repro window sticker, I'm your guy. :-)
messaged you.. check your PM.