Question on a parts/donor cobra

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

GTJay99

Question on a parts/donor cobra

Post by GTJay99 »

Hey guys have a question. Been awhile on here. I came across a red cobra with 120k on it. Car is rusted out. Both front fenders have rust, rear quarters are rough. Bottom of doors and hatch have rot. And the icing on the cake is the shock towers are about gone. I know many of you especially Mr Stiles have bought a few as parts cars. Whats a fair offer to make on one like this. Don't wanna be a true lowballer but not pay way more than intended. I was thinkin around the 2k area since the body is pretty much a goner...
'93 Cobra- Teal/Black #1184
'86 Notch- Min.Grey Project Racer
WillyB93

Re: Question on a parts/donor cobra

Post by WillyB93 »

What do you want to buy it for anything specific? Do you know about what prices are on used parts for these cars go for? That is where I get the round about figures when dealing with cars like that like. Sounds like this car is worth more in parts then trying to be saved. I have bought a few trucks for parts for a project I am working on and part the rest. Generally put a little $$ in my pocket after it's all said and done.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
GTJay99

Post by GTJay99 »

WillyB93 wrote:What do you want to buy it for anything specific? Do you know about what prices are on used parts for these cars go for? That is where I get the round about figures when dealing with cars like that like. Sounds like this car is worth more in parts then trying to be saved. I have bought a few trucks for parts for a project I am working on and part the rest. Generally put a little $$ in my pocket after it's all said and done.
Most likely its gonna be parted out. Once the shock towers are goin it almost the death of a fox. Lol. Prolly use some parts for a project and save some and sell off some. I know some specific parts can be of some value. Just was lookin to hear other experiences with some.
GTJay99

Post by GTJay99 »

Heres an idea of its shape of fender and shock tower. This car has been drive year round in rain and snow. ImageImage
Gecko86

Post by Gecko86 »

The car is worth approximately 5-6k in parts alone.What you are going to pay
is a different story. :yum:
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

on a auction site it woiuld bring 5-6k but dealing direct with the owner i would try around 3k