Detailed 93 and 11 engine bays today.

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

Goose17

Detailed 93 and 11 engine bays today.

Post by Goose17 »

Thoroughly detailed the engine bays of my 93 and 11 for an SVT car show tomorrow (if it doesn't rain).

The 93:

Pulling it out of storage:

Engine bay cleaned:

A short video of my 11 engine bay:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G-GOn_oJdFo
'11 GT500 FR750 2.9 Whipple, '04 Mystichrome Terminator vert, '02 Mustang GT, 00R, '93 Cobra #1447, '89 Mustang GT vert.

escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Re: Detailed 93 and 11 engine bays today.

Post by escogt »

Looking good, brother!!!
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
sc-rcode

Post by sc-rcode »

Engine bays look good Goose,but I like the pic with the front of the cobra with the fox vert in the background!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Man, that distributor cap cover is dirty! You should be embarrassed, Goose. ;)
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Very Clean, nice job Goose!
But, your signature picture of all three is saweeeeeet!! :headbang: :hail:
93SVT_MN

Post by 93SVT_MN »

Looks great! Would be interested to know your cleaning method. I deatil cars on the side for extra cash, but the engine compartment is a entirely different process.
Cobra #2637

Goose17

Post by Goose17 »

I typed this up for the GT500 forum I moderate. It's the same for the 93, minus the polished aluminum and blower belt:

I'll run through my process and products, but keep in mind that there are many ways to skin this cat - this is just how I do it.

1. I've cleaned my engine before, so this is just a finer detail. If your engine is grimy/dusty, it's time for degreaser and possibly a hose. The first time I cleaned under my hood, I put on some gloves and broke out the bottle of Goof Off (pictured below), a bunch of rags and a long screwdriver to wrap the rags around to get into the hard-to-reach areas.

2. I used some 409 (not pictured) lightly sprayed on a rag to wipe down all the non-polished aluminum surfaces. I also broke out a small artist paint brush and a vacuum and worked the hard-to-reach areas.

3. Covered all of my polished aluminum and sprayed the entire engine bay down with Majestic Soultions Quick Detail Spray (forgot to put in picture). This makes everything shiny. Avoid spraying onto belts.

4. Mixed a 50/50 batch of Sheen Genie and White Diamond aluminum polish and worked all the tanks, caps and polished Whipple blower with a Griots 3" polisher + a red pad. Used a small shoe shine cloth to get the areas that the polisher could not. Removed all polish residue once dry with a super-soft cloth that is almost like fine rabbit fur. Microfiber rags will scratch polished aluminum.

5. Used the 3" polisher and another red pad to polish all the painted parts under the hood with Liquid Glass.

6. Wiped down fender inner areas with Liquid Glass detail spray.

7. Spray some Goof Off on a rag, start the engine and hold the wet rag against the belt while running to clean it.

The products (not pictured is 409 and Majestic Solutions Quick Detail Spray).