Aftermarket Disc brake rotors

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

RDLINE1

Aftermarket Disc brake rotors

Post by RDLINE1 »

Haven't been on here in awhile.. Whats up!
I wanted to ask if anyone has replaced there stock disc's for the drilled/slotted rotors, not looking to upgrade in size I just found some Wheels that show off more of the brakes. I see some of these drilled/slotted one on Ebay and wanted to know if anyone had luck with them...?
# 4218
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: Aftermarket Disc brake rotors

Post by Z282SLO »

I replaced the front rotors with Power Slot rotors in the same size as original awhile back. These rotors are now called Stop Tech rotors (see website link). They look real good behind the wheels and the car stops as well or even a little better than with the stock rotors.

http://www.powerslotrotors.com/

03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
JFree93

Post by JFree93 »

I recently replaced mine with the powerstop drilled/slotted from rockauto, front and back. I'm pleased with them so far, haven't driven much with the bad weather but so far so good. Also painted the calipers red to add a little detail for car shows this summer.

RDLINE1

Post by RDLINE1 »

nice! Thanks for the pictures. I ordered some from Late Model Resto and the back Rotors were correct, but the manufacture had labeled the front ones wrong so I will be returning the Gt-Lx rotors.
# 4218
RDLINE1

Post by RDLINE1 »

JFree93 wrote:I recently replaced mine with the powerstop drilled/slotted from rockauto, front and back. I'm pleased with them so far, haven't driven much with the bad weather but so far so good. Also painted the calipers red to add a little detail for car shows this summer.

What kind of pads work best with the Drilled rotors? Calipers looks real good.. What color were they Orginally? Mine have been Silver for a long time but I've had the car 20 yrs so haha
# 4218
JFree93

Post by JFree93 »

The pads just ceramic also made by Powerstop, and the calipers are the originals, I just painted red with a kit from duplicolor, Thanks