Looking into this 93 cobra

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

snakebite8

Looking into this 93 cobra

Post by snakebite8 »

Morning everyone. My buddy at work told me about his buddies 93 cobra. It's black with gray leather. Has around 33,000 miles. Was in storage for years and bought two years he lost it. Just sitting outside now. Needs some tlc. Rear is bent so needs repair. So dents and a large one in the roof. He was asking 7 and now told me he wants 9. its car 189566 any ideas on a price. I was thinking of offering like 6k its going to need a lot of work. he thinks 1000 in work and its perfect.

buddha

Re: Looking into this 93 cobra

Post by buddha »

That huge dent is $1000 alone a decent shop. Wheel, there's another couple hundred bucks if you have to ship it off. Front bumper and fog light, another $750.

Guess it depends on the rest of the car as well. I wouldn't balk too much at 7k if it starts and drives, but past that with the obvious damage, meh.....

Or course it's easy for me to say since I have two of them. :)
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
snakebite8

Post by snakebite8 »

It's funny. As we were talking earlier. He said this to me. He does not know just how much it's going to be to restore it. months ago we talked. He was thinking about 7k.
93-3928

Post by 93-3928 »

I would think there might be some engine issues maybe.
Tom
Tk1299

Post by Tk1299 »

I think the car would be worth every penny it takes to make it nice again. Give your best price that you can I've with. Once you have it then you can take your time and save up to repair it. If you let it pass then it may become the proverbial "one that got away"
1993 Cobra - Kenne Bell 2.1 Flowzilla/Alkycontrol Meth Injection
2003 Cobra - K&N /Borla Exhaust
snakebite8

Post by snakebite8 »

That is true. I guess next week I will findout everything I need to know. Hear it run and drive.
buddha

Post by buddha »

You can find a car in better shape that only needs TLC type work, for a little more money and has more miles.

But if you really like this one, just be prepared to shell out some coin to get it where needs to be. $1000 isn't going to fix much like he thinks. And how the heck is the rear bent? You have to hit something pretty damn hard to tweak an 8.8 rear. It's no 9", but holy hell.

Look at it this way. What's it worth if it didn't have these issues........market value, or what you think it's worth. Just say it's worth $15k. Can you get it back to tip top shape for $6k? Personally, I take some photos to a few local body shops and just have them shoot you ballpark price. You have plenty to bargain with here, and cash is king.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

This is going to sound crazy...But, I bet a plunger would pull out that dent on the roof. A family friend of mine had a dent similar in size, maybe a little bigger. He cleaned the surface, applied some wax, and then used a plunger to pull the dent. It actually worked....Now of course this cobra will need some paint work tho. Just a suggestion.
I would agree on the $7k mark.

If you didn't already know snakebite this car is..
Born 6/10
Orginal dealer: Liccardi Ford Inc , NJ
Mystic1199

Post by Mystic1199 »

Did you end up buying it ?