What's the value of my Cobra?

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

KevinH

What's the value of my Cobra?

Post by KevinH »

This is my first time on this site, so I apologize if I'm posting wrong or something. I have a red Cobra with 109,260 miles that I need to sell. Buying different home and can't make the arrangements work. I'm the 2nd owner and I've had for about 13 years and driven very sparingly. Never raced or driven hard and it shows. The car is in very good condition and always garage kept with no winter driving. Has minor paint imperfections as it's the original paint, but overall shines really nice. I still get more compliments on this car than any other car I've ever driven. It's all original to my knowledge besides exhaust and tires I put on when I bought it and then a new OEM parts: radiator, battery, tune up, and alternator in past year or so. I'm looking for any opinion of value from anyone that may track the current values? Not many for sale it seems like between all the major sites to sell cars. Any information is appreciated, thanks. -Kevin

noac

Re: What's the value of my Cobra?

Post by noac »

I'd say low to mid teens...the following will increase value if you can anwer yes..

1) original documents with car?

2) the lack of undercoating?

3) clean carfax? VIN tags in place?

4) cloth interior?

5) original paint?

6) turn key car (cold a/c, no leaks, good brakes, detailed appearance, fresh fluids, no exhaust leaks, good clutch, tight suspension, good tires)
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

^^^

I would agree with that price range for a Cobra with that kind of mileage in general and definitely the upper end of the range with the items mentioned by noac, especially if the car has a black interior. Also, the value will be helped even more if you have the original exhaust to go with the car.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
KevinH

Post by KevinH »

I appreciate that feedback. I do have all the original docs with the car, clean Carfax, VIN's in place, original paint, properly maintenanced with fluids, etc... looks really nice overall. I don't think it has an undercoating, but I will check. Interior is gray leather so no luck on the black, but it has no rips or tears and passenger seat and back seat look never used. I currently have a no-cat off road H-pipe on it with flowmasters that sounds nice, but do have the original (I believe) 4 cat H-pipe in really good shape hanging inside for last 10+years. I really appreciate this info as I would not have thought about much of it. I have a buddy with a '93 Cobra and an '04 Terminator, and he checked it over and thought it looked very original down to the air filter/intake box into the fender and was surprised I had never removed to get a few more HP! I've driven it 1-2k miles per year in the summers since I've had it and has been a sweet car. Any thoughts on the best way to go about listing and marketing it or what sites are best for this car?
93Cobra#2771

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

I'd post on every mustang forum I could find. Would also cross post on any number of excellent mustang and fox body Facebook groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

KevinH wrote:Any thoughts on the best way to go about listing and marketing it or what sites are best for this car?
Ebay hands down.

Ebay easily has the most far reaching/largest exposure you could ask for. Everyone checks Ebay to see what cars are for sale...even if they're only window shopping. I do all the time, as I'm sure a lot of others do as well.
lukewood2

Post by lukewood2 »

$12-13K

:dropsmic: :trump:
noac

Post by noac »

Ebay hands down. I would not post it for sale on a single mustang forum, with the exception of this one. Most (all?) forums are filled with people looking for a car to flip and your post will end up being 3 pages long filled with posts by "Mustang Melvins" about why your car is priced too high and how they have 10G (cash) they will give you. Post it on ebay for about 2-2500 higher than you really want and do a "buy it now" with the make offer option. You will get several offers in the 7-10K very fast. Completely ignore these offers. Do not make a counter offer or respond at all. Pretty much ignore anyone or any offer that comes through unless the individual has contacted you first on the phone. Make sure your cell number is in the ad and I would state that initial communication be made via phone call. I would detail the engine and undercarriage excessively as well as the interior. Post pics of the undercarriage, interior, engine, original documents and suspension. Take a few of the whole car, but try to focus on specific areas. Start your ebay listing at 10pm Sunday night....this is very important. I bet your car will sell in 2-3 days. Don't be afraid of out of state buyers. Wire transfers or cashiers check are great and you keep car and title until all is well. Hold off until Spring to sell....Late March-April is a great time to sell a car for top dollar. Lots of foxbody buyers need that tax return. Good Luck....and I've got 10G (cash) for that car....it sounds nice.
SVT#3140

Post by SVT#3140 »

High teens .....
KevinH

Post by KevinH »

I appreciate all this feedback and input!