Rebuild Stock or Modify.. I need opinions

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

buddha

Re: Rebuild Stock or Modify.. I need opinions

Post by buddha »

Tk1299 wrote: Are my numbers similar to yours?

Mine put down 394hp and 439tq on a cool 52 degree day. My KB a 2.2, tuned with an SCT chip. If I recall, 10-11psi as well. It's peak numbers are right around 4k rpm looking at the dyno sheets. Another dyno had the numbers about -10 respectively, not sure if that was the first or second dyno test. If dug through the list of receipts, It would probably tell me.

Your car is putting down some good numbers for sure, plenty of power to have fun with.

My car still has the stock cooling system, so I can tell after driving it around, the blower starts to get heat soaked. Nothing like my Novi 2k, everything stays nice and cool. It pulls like a freight train right all the way through the RPM's, but that's just what they do.

Buddy of mine put a 10psi Vortech kit on a 93 limited with a TFS top end, put just shy of 500hp with a SCT chip and Bob Kurgan tune. Crazy power for a stock block, so if you tune it right, it can last.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
Tk1299

Post by Tk1299 »

My previous tuner used a Diablo chip, which according to other shops is hard to get right. hopefully this new tuner can dial it in and make it safe and get good numbers. Your torque numbers are awesome and I bet makes it a handful on smooth pavement
1993 Cobra - Kenne Bell 2.1 Flowzilla/Alkycontrol Meth Injection
2003 Cobra - K&N /Borla Exhaust
pete3323

Post by pete3323 »

I'm drooling at 400 hp in these cars. Have a '98 cobra as well with terminator drive train putting down 500/500 but I've always thought how fun to have it in my '93.....
'98 White terminated Cobra
'93 Black Cobra #4831
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

pete3323 wrote:I'm drooling at 400 hp in these cars. Have a '98 cobra as well with terminator drive train putting down 500/500 but I've always thought how fun to have it in my '93.....
It's a whole lotta fun!!! :drive:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Tk1299

Post by Tk1299 »

I want to update this cliff hangar, lol. The car is in the shop and the original motor is being pulled and preserved stock. I'm having a 347 stroker motor installed and the Kenne Bell will be put on that. The original motor I will store away so its with the car, just in case. I didn't want to get too crazy and still want it to appear pretty much stock.
buddha

Post by buddha »

Tk1299 wrote:I want to update this cliff hangar, lol. The car is in the shop and the original motor is being pulled and preserved stock. I'm having a 347 stroker motor installed and the Kenne Bell will be put on that. The original motor I will store away so its with the car, just in case. I didn't want to get too crazy and still want it to appear pretty much stock.
Ha, nice! Fire up a new post with the build and any dyno numbers, etc. Will be a tire burner for sure. :mrgreen:
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
pete3323

Post by pete3323 »

...any updates on the new build???.....
'98 White terminated Cobra
'93 Black Cobra #4831
Tk1299

Post by Tk1299 »

pete3323 wrote:...any updates on the new build???.....
I had the car back for about three weeks now. I had the original motor removed so it wouldn't be modified and its stored. When I get a shop built ill have it on a stand and display it.
What went into the car was a 347 stroker with forged Pistons, cam, etc.. I also had the .373 gears swapped for .331. It was street tuned but I want to get a dyno tune at some point. It pulls pretty good and makes around 8#s of boost, and is definitely faster than my terminator. I'll take a video of it idling and post it.
But of course there are issues... The Spec stage 2 clutch I had installed is chattering and I keep blowing the #5 fuse(turn signal) upon ignition. I have come to realize that until I have the car undergo a rotisserie restoration into a show quality example, I'll always have some issues with it.
There are bugs here and there to work out still, but I love driving it. Best part is it still looks stock and has cold a/c.