Roll bar question

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

Brookse

Roll bar question

Post by Brookse »

Hi all... Back again with another question, please:

Tonight I inadvertently re-tinted my seats, dash, window tint, and even roof, brown. I had the old girl out and opened her up on a straight, looong, divided highway. I took it up from about 40 to 90mph in a few seconds and then I realized I was coming up on something pretty fast (wasn't, just a shadow on the road - Fox headlights are garbage, even new) so I let off the gas, and down-shifted. (I know, I know... :pat: ) Even with the 3.27 gears the motor screamed and the car started to slide at like 80mph. It felt like an eternity in that slide but was probably no more than 1/2 second. Regardless, I literally saw my life flash before my eyes when the car snapped back straight like a rattle snake. I drove home very gingerly. That was 2 hours ago and I'm still queasy.

I need to put a roll bar in this thing. I am seriously freaked out. I looked online and there are a dozen types. I'd prefer a 4-point of something I don't have to hop over every time I get in, but if that's the way to go, that's the way to go.

Any recommendations on a roll bar? And some all-purpose cleaner?

Thanks all.
My Cobra looks backwards. He's wondering where everyone is...
93-3928

Re: Roll bar question

Post by 93-3928 »

Autopower! 4 point! I had a Autopower 6 point in my 87 Saleen! Loved it! Felt very safe with that in my car. The Saleen came with the car when I bought it. A four point will work just fine! http://www.autopowerindustries.com/Roll ... syear=1987

Tom
svt1john

Post by svt1john »

I installed a Autopower 4 point in my car about twenty years ago. Had it powercoated close to the grey interior color as possible. The back bar went through the rear speaker holes and installed smaller speakers and cut the holes in some spare speaker covers. Bought a pair of 4 point seat belts as roll bar cover up the upper stock seat belt mounts. Used the car at club open-track events in NW and CA. Great way to mount a video camera (pre current video equipment).
Brookse

Post by Brookse »

Sorry for the delay response, but thank you for the information - I'm looking into this today. We make these cars way too fast to not have one, IMHO. Thanks guys!!
My Cobra looks backwards. He's wondering where everyone is...
vuzikis

Post by vuzikis »

Is this a serious question? Your joking right?

If not the next question, is your cobra stock?