Nos wiper arms????

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

TEAL93COBRA3279

Nos wiper arms????

Post by TEAL93COBRA3279 »

Bought some parts from PPI and are supposed to be NOS. Did our stock wiper arms or the arms with the blades say made in china???? I don't think they do but its been a while so I don't remember.......
1993cobra
Site Admin

Re: Nos wiper arms????

Post by 1993cobra »

I doubt the originals were made in China
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

1993cobra wrote:I doubt the originals were made in China
X2!!! Seems shady to me.
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

X3. Original wiper arms do not have Made in China on them. PPI owes you a refund, Teal Cobra.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
mustangparts

Post by mustangparts »

TEAL93COBRA3279 wrote:Bought some parts from PPI and are supposed to be NOS. Did our stock wiper arms or the arms with the blades say made in china???? I don't think they do but its been a while so I don't remember.......
The wiper arms that you bought were arms that were shipped to us from Ford via their OE vendor in the late '90s.They are not advertised or sold as NOS. We have sold original Ford arms that were made in Canada, Great Britain and yes, China.
Performance Parts, Inc.
(703) 742-6207

www.PerformancePartsInc.com
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

mustangparts wrote:
TEAL93COBRA3279 wrote:Bought some parts from PPI and are supposed to be NOS. Did our stock wiper arms or the arms with the blades say made in china???? I don't think they do but its been a while so I don't remember.......
The wiper arms that you bought were arms that were shipped to us from Ford via their OE vendor in the late '90s.They are not advertised or sold as NOS. We have sold original Ford arms that were made in Canada, Great Britain and yes, China.
Not disputing that Ford may have used Chinese derived parts as OE, but I know that I'd be a little miffed to find that out after purchase instead of before!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

1986Browns wrote:
mustangparts wrote:
Not disputing that Ford may have used Chinese derived parts as OE, but I know that I'd be a little miffed to find that out after purchase instead of before!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Absolutely!!!
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.