How to Locate Original Owner

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

OLLETT

How to Locate Original Owner

Post by OLLETT »

Hey guys does anyone know how to locate original owners of our cars legally? The original owner contacted me through this registry a few years ago and asked if I wanted to sell my Cobra. At the time I wasn't ready. Five years later I'm seriously considering. The only thing is I want to give him first dibs. So can anyone offer any advice with this issue?
WillyB93

Re: How to Locate Original Owner

Post by WillyB93 »

Double check your messages, if you don't delete them it should still be there. Do you have a name, the internet has all kinds of information on there if you search for a name.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

I bought mine from the original owner whos name was all over the dealership paperwork. Have any of that documentation for your car? If you do, a Google search will quickly locate them.
OLLETT

Post by OLLETT »

Unfortunately I don't have any dealership paperwork. The way he found me was he remembered what the build number was and saw my name on the registry under that number. When we talked a few years back I do remember him saying he sold Fords at a dealership in the Cincinnati area.
He sold it to a Ford service tech that I assume worked in the same dealership with him back around 2000. I have the second owners contact information that I bought it from, but he won't return my call.

So that's where I am. As you all know we can sell our cars easy especially at this particular time. However I would like to make sure it goes to someone who will appreciate it for what it is.
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

Other than putting the car up for sale on CL in the Cincy area (hoping that he sees the listing) it sounds like you may have run aground in your search for him.