No start Teal Cobra

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

Psychokinesis

No start Teal Cobra

Post by Psychokinesis »

Need a little help…Car will not start. No fuel pump prime, no power to the coil, no power to fuel injectors. Turn the key, all dash lights come one, try to start and she just turns over and over, not any type of fire. It just died while driving down the street and hasn’t started since.
Things I have done…. Replaced he ECU relay, tried known good computer, still no start or fuel pump prime, tested the current computer and fuel pump relay in another car, it works fine in my other fox.. Any idea what could be the culprit? I was thinking ignition switch. Missing my Fox Cobra ☹
WillyB93

Re: No start Teal Cobra

Post by WillyB93 »

Probably the ECM like stated on Facebook post, I would do some testing on it to see if you have power there.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
Winchester

Post by Winchester »

Psychokinesis wrote:Need a little help…Car will not start. No fuel pump prime, no power to the coil, no power to fuel injectors. Turn the key, all dash lights come one, try to start and she just turns over and over, not any type of fire. It just died while driving down the street and hasn’t started since.
Things I have done…. Replaced he ECU relay, tried known good computer, still no start or fuel pump prime, tested the current computer and fuel pump relay in another car, it works fine in my other fox.. Any idea what could be the culprit? I was thinking ignition switch. Missing my Fox Cobra ☹
You sure the injectors are getting no power? On my 91 fox kind of the same thing happened but it was one of the relays near the passenger side shock tower. Was driving it then it went dead. Fuel pump would not prime.
Psychokinesis

Post by Psychokinesis »

Update: through many uses of the test light, multimeter, and studying wiring schematics, I found the issue. This little fuse link is shot..the EEC was getting power but no trigger for the relay, coil, or injectors..all relays tested and working, TFI module good.

Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Nice diag work there.