anyone know this car?

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

69boss

anyone know this car?

Post by 69boss »

Im thinking of buying it.. was wondering if someone knew anything about this car or is close enough to it to go take a look ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Ford-Must ... 000%7C2500
buddha

Re: anyone know this car?

Post by buddha »

Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
69boss

Post by 69boss »

thanks I read that thread but there wanst anything of real value about the car and the thread is old Im wondering if anyone has been close to this car and seen it in person and knows about its past etc.... the guy who is selling it has a story about just having bought the car a couple of months ago and that he is not a ford guy and doesnt know much about the car and only reason he bought the car was because it was part of a package deal with buick??? after what happened to me last go around by buying a cobra off of ebay im trying to be a little more diligent this time around.
buddha

Post by buddha »

Ya, it's an older build for sure. I vaguely remember this one.

Honestly, with how prices have increased the last few years, if you could pick that car up for high 20's, don't see how you could go wrong. If a guy wanted to put it back to stock, it wouldn't take just too much work. With $10k+ in aftermarket parts, even at 50% resale, that puts in smack in the middle 20's even at asking price. That's how I rationalize a car like this. I don't think you can get hurt on a teal, non-sunroof, cloth car. Guess it just depends on what you're gonna do with it.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
69boss

Post by 69boss »

pretty much what i was thinking... but i still think 32 is too much though especially since i have seen other clean cars with less miles and vortech for low to mid 20s

I have offered him in the mid 20s lets see if im wrong and this will sell before he has a chance to entertain my offer..

this car is somewhat the opposite to my black car... black vs teal,,, maximum motorsport vs griggs..... kenne bell vs vortech... it would be pretty cool to be able to sample both ...
buddha

Post by buddha »

How do you like the MM setup? Do you know what shocks/springs it has under it?

If I don't sell the red car, I may go this route. K-member and A-arms are sort of no brainers, it's when you get into everything else you've to decisions. Then there is how you want the rear setup.......panhard bar, torque arm........lot's of things to consider.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
69boss

Post by 69boss »

i like the MM set up a lot but I dont really have anything other that completely stock to compare it to... compared to stock its night and day and when I got the car it was set up way too stiff for me and every time you hit a bump it would jar your teeth... part of getting the car ready to get the kenne bell was working out all the kinks and the suspension was part of that.. after many phone calls to MM and reading on the forums and looking the car over I realized that the car had the 250lb springs upfront and 515lb springs in the back which is pretty much what MM often recommends when you call them to buy their stuff... but dont let them talk you into that... its way too stiff....

I decided to gamble and try the 175lb spring up front to see if I could reduce the stiffness. when I called MM to ask them about the 175 they made it seem like that would be the worse decision I could make... I told them the car was too stiff and their suggestion was to increase the spring rate?? I know it didnt make sense to me either and I decided at the very least the guy who i was talking to was perhaps not the best person to seek advice from .. I ordered the 175s and put them on and the car was much better on the street its still a little stiff but much better than before... I also ended up changing the rear springs to the lowest rate they offer they wouldnt tell me what the actual rate was but it was in their online store... the car rides much better than before but I think I can still improve it but for now its good I was anxious to get the kenne belll project on the way so I didnt fiddle with the suspension after that.. so far I should be close to getting the sc project done also but I keep coming up with stuff to do and change so it keeps getting pushed back. I decided to change all the hoses to silicone and covered them with braided wrap and for the first time im going to try the shrink hose clamps.. looking forward to get everything wrapped up by the end of the week
69boss

Post by 69boss »

btw my car does have the full suspension under it including the control arms cradle torque arm pan hard bar and the subframe connectors the fronts are coil overs and the shocks are bilsteins hds and the back is not coil over its the original location springs and also bilstein shocks I may change them to coil overs in the future if i still feel like the rear is still a little too stiff..
buddha

Post by buddha »

That's good info, as I would look to them for advice on much it.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP