Looking for info on Dads Blk 93 Cobra

Got a VIN number and need build info, post it here.

Moderators: 1993cobra, WillyB93

Shelbykid

Looking for info on Dads Blk 93 Cobra

Post by Shelbykid »

HI everyone!
I am new here on this forum and was hoping someone here could help me find my dads 1993 Cobra. He sold the car in 2011 or 2012, but now I really miss that car. I am wondering if anyone knows of the whereabouts of the car today, or if anyone has any info on the car etc. I am from the Santa Cruz CA. area and I believe that the car ended up in the Sacramento Vallejo area. I am not looking to buy it back at this point in time, but maybe someday, if all the cards fall in the right place. I know the VIN and the production #:
VIN: 1facp42d9pf188188
production # 4208
Color: UA (Black)
Interior: C6 (Grey Leather)

I have a lot of great memories with that car. My dad and that car made me a big Mustang enthusiast!!! Any info is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
-Shelbykid
93Cobra#2771

Re: Looking for info on Dads Blk 93 Cobra

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

Do you have any friends in the local DMV? That would be a good place to start.

Second place would be carfax, as it can show location of last registration.

I searched my files and have no record of doing a repro window sticker for it. Good luck in your search.
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy
Shelbykid

Post by Shelbykid »

93Cobra#2771 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:48 am Do you have any friends in the local DMV? That would be a good place to start.

Second place would be carfax, as it can show location of last registration.

I searched my files and have no record of doing a repro window sticker for it. Good luck in your search.
Unfortunately no friends in the DMV (Yet ;) )
Thanks for the suggestion and for taking the time to look it up! I appreciate it! I always loved that car, but didn't realize just how much until it was sold. The hunt continues...
Thanks again!
Shelbykid

Post by Shelbykid »

Just thought I'd bump this post again. Maybe something changed and maybe someone new knows something about the whereabouts of my dads old Cobra. Happy New Year!
buddha

Post by buddha »

You have the VIN, that will get you a good bit of the way to where it's at assuming the current owner has kept it registered. Carfax it.

If you can see where they get it inspected every year, that will get you the area, grease some palms at the shop to see if they know who the owner is. That's where I'd start.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
Shelbykid

Post by Shelbykid »

Oh thats a great idea! Thanks!