My wife and I looking to get a SUV any suggestions?

Display Pictures/Videos, have discussions, & post other vehicles for sale here.

Moderators: 1993cobra, WillyB93, BrettT

Georgia Snake

Re: My wife and I looking to get a SUV any suggestions?

Post by Georgia Snake »

Nice 93. You know I did find something out after I bought my Sport Trac that really disappointed me. U-Haul will not rent you anything to pull behind an Exploerer and that includes the Sport Trac. Now if you have a Ranger or a Mountaineer they will rent to you, SAME VEHICLE basically. All because of the guy in TX that had his blow out and rolled his Explorer killing his family because he did something wrong with the steering wheel or the brakes or both. Put that case together with all the copy cat law suits and now the lawyers for U-Haul will not let them rent anything to be pulled behind an Explorer. That just sucks, LOL. I know this last summer I was going to go to Mustang Week and tow my Mustang until I found all this out about U-Haul.

The Snake

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

1993cobra wrote:Bought a 2013 explorer limited last week. Green gem, charcoal leather, all options except head rest DVD. 3.5 v6. More to come on it soon ....
we looked at these, but found that the seats you had to fold them up to get to the back. so we went with the GMC that has slide tracks for the middle captain chairs. but it was a nice suv.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

come on db touch one button the and the second row bucket flips up , and you can get the second row console delete, and walk thru the middle. i didnt like the gmc acadia because of the timing chains stretching and wearing out at 80k miles and having to pull the comlete engine and trans to fix it.
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

and georgia , Uhaul will rent to explorers 2011-2014
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

Could be 93. Mine isn't that new and they will not to me in mine. Made me mad enough that I called corporate and they "explained" it to me. That's when I got really sarcastic on them, and I do rarely resort to that, and asked would they rent to me if I had a Ranger or a Mountaineer. Their response was "why yes of course" to which my bit louder, shouldn't have done that but oh well, response was "DON"T YOU REALIZE THAT THE RANGER IS ON THE SAME FRAME AS AN EXPLORER AND THE MOUNTAINEER IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS AN EXPLORER WITH A MERCURY NAME ATTACHED. LOL, I went caps for effect because at that point I had raised my voice a couple of levels to the poor person on the other end of the phone. Geeze I swear lawyers can be the root of all evils in my opinion and the spoilers of a good fun time too.

With some of the redesign Ford did on the Explorer you are probably correct. I only know of the Explorer Sport Trac and they will not from the beginning of that line to its end a short time ago. Mine even has the Tow Package from Ford and the electric braking system on it to hook up should the trailer I am pulling have the brakes. I have tried to call U-Haul several times since the original incident and no change in policy. One of these days I guess I will have to break down and just buy a car trailer.

The Snake

93svt#2779

Post by 93svt#2779 »

Georgia Snake wrote: Geeze I swear lawyers can be the root of all evils in my opinion and the spoilers of a good fun time too.
LOL... you got that Z! ;)
#2779 Black/Grey 167k
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

93svt#2779 wrote:
Georgia Snake wrote: Geeze I swear lawyers can be the root of all evils in my opinion and the spoilers of a good fun time too.

:sleeping: :headbang:
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Romo93 wrote:
93svt#2779 wrote:

:sleeping: :headbang:
Certain people always say s**t like that ... until they need one! :mrgreen:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

Z28, here is what drove me to say that about lawyers, and the comment was a bit tongue in cheek. I am from Chattanooga originally. I remember when I was about 12 my Parents took me to the Chickamauga Battlefield and we got a guided tour on horse back. It was a blast. Now jump ahead in time many years. I move back to Chattanooga and remembering that I want to do that with my 2 sons. I call the stables adjacent to the Battlefield to make an inquiry. I am told they don't do that and have never done that by the nice young girl on the phone. I nicely assured her that in the past they most certainly had done that. She gave the phone to someone older. We had a nice chat on the phone. She told me yes they used to do that but several years before their insurance made them stop it and their lawyer assured them that to stop that was in their best interest. Oh well, LOL. Cant have the same fun we used to, LOL

Another case. The SCCA used to put on a major Autocross event at the road track next to Talladega. I finally had my Mustang ready for it. I called the Event Director for that region of the SCCA and upon hearing that I would be competing with a V-8 Mustang told me I could not enter my car, the V-8 cars sometimes damaged the track according to the track owner. His lawyers had told the SCCA no V-8's, only 4 and 6 cylinder cars. During our talk we both conceded that these days some of the 4 and 6 cyl cars put out the same power or more than some V-8's. he told me that had been in the discussions with the track owner and he had not budged on his "no V-8" policy. Now I have heard through the vine that what I just relayed has changed and V-8 cars are now allowed to compete but there was a couple of years that they could not.

So that is where I got that from. I sometimes say that but it is always in jest.

The Snake

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

^^^

Likely story, Georgia. You know you meant that comment. I've already reported you to the American Bar Association and if you ever really do need a lawyer you're simply s**t out of luck. ;)
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
93svt#2779

Post by 93svt#2779 »

^^^ :lol:
#2779 Black/Grey 167k