1988 Ford Saleen Mustang convertible - $15900 (Cosby, TN)

Display Pictures/Videos, have discussions, & post other vehicles for sale here.

Moderators: 1993cobra, WillyB93, BrettT

WillyB93

1988 Ford Saleen Mustang convertible - $15900 (Cosby, TN)

Post by WillyB93 »

1988 Ford Mustang Saleen convertible.
I have owned the car for nearly seven years and purchased it in 2007 from Performance Autosport in Richmond, Virginia who specialize in Saleen Mustangs. This is car #205 and is only 1 of 137 built in 1988 and only 1 of 475 total Saleen fox body convertibles ever built between 1985-1993.

The car is white with a grey interior, white convertible top and 5 speed manual transmission. The car has 67,000 original miles and is in extremely nice original and unmolested condition. Always garage kept and runs and drives very well. The air conditioning was just serviced and it blows ice cold. The tires only have 1,800 miles on them. All of the original Saleen tags are on the car. It has the original Saleen Pioneer stereo system and it is in good working condition. All the unique Saleen items are on the car. The original paint is very nice and the body is straight with no rust or dings. It has never been in an accident and the Ford VIN labels are on the sheetmetal. Spotless Carfax. Interior is all original with no damage. The seats are very nice with no tears or rips in the Saleen upholstery. The Saleen Momo steering wheel is nice but does have some light wear from use. The only modifications are a pair of Flowmaster mufflers and the original owner added the Paxton Supercharger. It was just serviced and works perfectly. The car has never been raced or abused. Just a very nice original clean Saleen survivor car driven on nice weekends.

Recent preservation and repair work:
Installed a complete set of correct new old stock Saleen struts and shocks all the way around
Installed a new Ford Motorsport King Cobra clutch kit
Installed all new brakes
Installed new old stock correct battery cables
Installed complete set of six original Ford front headlamps, parking lamps and turn signal lamps
AC serviced and blows cold

The car will need two things to be perfect. It has the original 1988 convertible top and while it is still usable it has started to show it's age. The car also will need the heater core replaced. Since I only drove the car in good weather and always with the top down I never bothered to have them done.

I have all the original paperwork for the car including the original window sticker, Saleen displays that were on the car when it was in the showroom, Saleen Pioneer owners manuals and receipts for all work done to the car throughout it's history.

Asking 15,900 OBO. Please serious inquiries only and I am not interested in any trades. I can be contacted at 423 608 6874
Thanks
VIN: 1FABP44E2JF180698
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/4251692402.html
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)