Interested in Bidding On an '89 SSC or an '89 GT 'vert?

Display Pictures/Videos, have discussions, & post other vehicles for sale here.

Moderators: 1993cobra, WillyB93, BrettT

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Interested in Bidding On an '89 SSC or an '89 GT 'vert?

Post by Z282SLO »

03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
VA93SVT

Re: Interested in Bidding On an '89 SSC or an '89 GT 'vert?

Post by VA93SVT »

man, I can't tell you how close I came to buying that exact model SSC. I still kick myself today for not buying it. It was at Carlisle, still remember the exact location. Car was not presented well, a little rough, dirty, average miles, had some minor cosmetic issues, a real nice driver. Even had a set of NOS floor matts under the hatch. I was standing next to another guy that was also looking at it. The fella selling it was getting to be annoyed by all of the tire kickers when a fella, I think a dealer pulled out a wad of cash and offered him 10k on the spot for it. He turned around and shook his hand. He had the car advertised for 13-14k, can't remember exactly. At the time, I really didn't know much about them, but, always thought that was a good deal. I like the way those cars look. I really liked the interior upgrades/steering wheel, etc.. Just a nice car all around.
Past One: 1993 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

VA93SVT wrote: I like the way those cars look. I really liked the interior upgrades/steering wheel, etc.. Just a nice car all around.
And very rare. That one up for bid looks fantastic. In one day, the bidding is at $25K.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

SSC- $41K high bid. Reserve not met!
GT - Reserve not met at $4450.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
VA93SVT

Post by VA93SVT »

yeah...the prices on those have really gotten silly lately. another bridge missed on my part. I should have bought the one at Carlisle for 10k. no worries, wouldn't be the first and definitely not the last. My biggest regret was not getting a 67GT500 when I had the opportunity at 20k. so this bridge missed is relatively easy to tolerate. looked to be reasonable price on the GT.
Z282SLO wrote:SSC- $41K high bid. Reserve not met!
GT - Reserve not met at $4450.
specracer

Post by specracer »

Here is a thread on the ssc that includes comments from seller.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=18786
93-3928

Post by 93-3928 »

VA93SVT,
The SSC you mentioned was all talk in the Saleen area that year on Saturday! The person who owned that car lives in my neighborhood. I had no idea he ws selling car, went up on Friday and just sold the car. Some people in the Saleen world (who where at Carlisle) thought it ws under sold. Car was originally bought for his teenage son. However if you wanted a SSC that need work and had the time and money to fix the issues than the price ws right!

Tom
VA93SVT

Post by VA93SVT »

Wow Tom, it's been so long ago, I thought I was imagining that day....it still haunts me...thanks for corroborating my story, I was starting to think it was all in my mind. Thanks
I obviously have missed the train on these now. It's nice to know I atleast came close....Back to looking at more reasonably priced cobras....
93-3928 wrote:VA93SVT,
The SSC you mentioned was all talk in the Saleen area that year on Saturday! The person who owned that car lives in my neighborhood. I had no idea he ws selling car, went up on Friday and just sold the car. Some people in the Saleen world (who where at Carlisle) thought it ws under sold. Car was originally bought for his teenage son. However if you wanted a SSC that need work and had the time and money to fix the issues than the price ws right!

Tom
93-3928

Post by 93-3928 »

Funny! No your not crazy! I talked to the gentleman on Sat evening when I pulled into my neighborhood from Carlisle. I told him he ws the talk of the show! SSC are out there for sale. Some are priced well, that have been driven and enjoyed. Others are garage queens and there going to bring "good" money. With all Saleens the issue is, parts. If you break something for a SSC or need to replace a specific Saleen part, good luck finding it. Or be willing to pay big money for SSC parts. Good story.

The gentleman did say there where several things going bad on the car. Ive only seen that car up close a couple of times. But saw it on the road A LOT!

Tom