(DemoDh) Red/grey cloth/sunroof #861 (sold) 16k

For Sale listings of our members cobras.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

DemoDH

(DemoDh) Red/grey cloth/sunroof #861 (sold) 16k

Post by DemoDH »

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've been on the forums. I've been keeping #861 running strong but it's time for me to let her go. I recently moved to a new house that doesn't have covered parking. I bought a new cover for it, but I'm afraid it won't be enough.

I would like 861 to go to an owner that will take care of it so you guys get first dibs. I bought this car in 2013 and put maybe 50 miles on it since. It is registered in California under non-operational status because I don't drive it but around the block or so. I feel bad because it deserves to be out in public looking good.

Aftermarket parts:
Headlights (I have the stocks)
Bassani catted x-pipe with SLP mufflers
Wheels and tires
Clifford alarm
Hurst shifter (I have the stock one)
Alpine stereo
All aftermarket parts and service have accompanying service records.

861 will come with all service records, original owners manual and window sticker, car cover and stock parts I have. Original keys. Battery tender. It has vin stickers on all panels. Interior is exceptional. Exterior has some scratches that are shown in the pictures. Has a little over 69k miles. Heater core has been bypassed because I can't afford to fix it right now.

I do not want to sell it because I know I will regret it. I had so many plans for it. Right now I just can't give it the attention it needs or shelter it from the elements. To the public it will be posted for $20,000. I would like to get close to 16k. If your reading this and are not looking to buy, please put a price you would pay. You guys know best.

If it doesn't go to a member any help would be appreciated on the next step. I thought about asking car clubs and Craigslist will be my last option. I'm not sure what else to try. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Last edited by DemoDH on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#923 teal/grey cloth 165k- (SOLD)
#861 red/grey cloth 70k- Just purchased
92 Hatch blue/silver 150k- My first fox
2010 4runner family wagon- Haha
and a couple bikes
buddha

Re: (DemoDh) Red/grey cloth/sunroof #861

Post by buddha »

That's a very nice car overall. :headbang:

Things I see that you have going for you:
  • Cloth interior
    Engine bay is very stock, a good detail and wow!
    Original body panels
    California car for at least part of it's life, cars just last longer out there
    Some original documentation
The only bad is the obvious paint issues which could easily be fixed with and the lack of factory wheels(do you have these). I see this car as a light restore for a purest who wants a really nice driver. But that's just my opinion.

That being said, very realistic price that you are looking to get. If might be a little tough with the paint and wheels(maybe?) as that would be a few thousand alone to address, but you just have to find the right buyer. I wouldn't take a dime less than $15k,$16k if do have the wheels, just depends on how bad you want it gone. Junked out ones with higher mileage are asking $12kish, not sure how many are moving at that price.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
DemoDH

Post by DemoDH »

buddha wrote:That's a very nice car overall. :headbang:

Things I see that you have going for you:
  • Cloth interior
    Engine bay is very stock, a good detail and wow!
    Original body panels
    California car for at least part of it's life, cars just last longer out there
    Some original documentation
The only bad is the obvious paint issues which could easily be fixed with and the lack of factory wheels(do you have these). I see this car as a light restore for a purest who wants a really nice driver. But that's just my opinion.

That being said, very realistic price that you are looking to get. If might be a little tough with the paint and wheels(maybe?) as that would be a few thousand alone to address, but you just have to find the right buyer. I wouldn't take a dime less than $15k,$16k if do have the wheels, just depends on how bad you want it gone. Junked out ones with higher mileage are asking $12kish, not sure how many are moving at that price.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to hear I'm not asking something ridiculous. Unfortunately I do not have the stock wheels. After three years of searching the timing never lined up with my bank accounts to buy factory wheels.

Its only for sale here and i will give it time before trying something else. If there are no takers from this site, do you know of any alternatives besides Craigslist? I don't know where to start with auctions or if they are worth it. I'm not in a huge rush to sell, it would be nice for it to go before the summer.

and a couple bikes
buddha

Post by buddha »

Used to see a ridiculous amount of traffic back in the day, still a good site:

http://www.corral.net/

Good site, not a ton of 93' Cobra specific traffic, few old Mustang mag editors now on-staff:

https://www.svtperformance.com/

Believe it or not, Ebay will get you nationwide attention, only cost's 125 bucks, they don't take any fees past that and only if you sell. Serious buyers know where to come looking, I think the two sites listed and CL ad will get some attention, as well as some tire kickers.

But seriously, a really good detail job inside and out is all it really looks to need, fix the heater core and you've got a really nice ride. Wheels are just personal preference and could be source with a little patience. That car in that condition is $15-16k all day long if mechanically sound and rust free. Anybody that's handy could address everything in their driveway with basic tools

Got any pics of the underside?
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
DemoDH

Post by DemoDH »

buddha wrote:Used to see a ridiculous amount of traffic back in the day, still a good site:

Good site, not a ton of 93' Cobra specific traffic, few old Mustang mag editors now on-staff:

Believe it or not, Ebay will get you nationwide attention, only cost's 125 bucks, they don't take any fees past that and only if you sell. Serious buyers know where to come looking, I think the two sites listed and CL ad will get some attention, as well as some tire kickers.

But seriously, a really good detail job inside and out is all it really looks to need, fix the heater core and you've got a really nice ride. Wheels are just personal preference and could be source with a little patience. That car in that condition is $15-16k all day long if mechanically sound and rust free. Anybody that's handy could address everything in their driveway with basic tools

Thanks for those site links. I don't have any pics underneath. I can get some tomorrow. I haven't found any rust on it.

and a couple bikes
buddha

Post by buddha »

DemoDH wrote:
buddha wrote:Used to see a ridiculous amount of traffic back in the day, still a good site:

Thanks for those site links. I don't have any pics underneath. I can get some tomorrow. I haven't found any rust on it.

Anybody seriously looking will find you posts. Both my cars came from Florida. If there is a car I want, I'll fly, drive, or ship it to get what I want.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
DemoDH

Post by DemoDH »

buddha wrote:
DemoDH wrote:

Anybody seriously looking will find you posts. Both my cars came from Florida. If there is a car I want, I'll fly, drive, or ship it to get what I want.
Update:
Took it in for inspection todayImage

and a couple bikes
Malv1

Post by Malv1 »

Beautiful and well documented car sir. I would say you are close in price, maybe somewhere around $14K range would be a good number I believe.

GL with the sale!