Teal/Leather Pre-Production #15, 87K

For Sale listings of our members cobras.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

St8-E

Teal/Leather Pre-Production #15, 87K

Post by St8-E »

*****SOLD****SOLD*****SOLD*****SOLD*****SOLD*****SOLD

Well the time has come:

About to start the process of building a new house, therefore some things need to go:

This is a Pre-Production Cobra born on 10/09/92. This is probably the 3rd or 4th teal car off the assembly line (I don't have the facts on that, just guessing). It is #15 Teal/Leather, NO sunroof

I would have to assume that most everyone on this site knows the story behind the "pre-production" models so I will stick with what this car has:

I bought the car in August of 2009 with 85K miles. I have put a little over 2000 miles on it since then.

MODs:

Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator
Black Magic Xtreme electric fan (Stock fan/shroud will go with car)
FRPP ceramic coated shorty headers (Stock headers will go with car)
BBK Off-road X pipe
Flowmaster American thunder Cat back (40 series mufflers)
3:73 gears (Has both internal and external speedo gears replaced for correct mesh/speedo reading)
Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports Chassis stiffening kit (Full length subframe connectors, K-member brace, Strut tower brace)
PA Performance 130amp alternator upgrade (Stock alternator will go with car)

MECHANICALLY:

When I bought the car the rear main seal was leaking. I have replaced the rear main seal as well as the stock clutch with a Centerforce Dual friction since the stock clutch had approx. 25% of life remaining. Transmission shifts smooth. Mechanically the car is perfect.

INTERIOR:

Everything in the interior works as it should (Pwr windows, pwr. door locks, pwr dr. seat, A/C, ashtray door, etc.) There are no tears in the leather. The only issue is the stock CD player "pops" when you turn the volume up and down. I will include a pioneer CD player as well as a mounting bezel for the said radio. One of the previous owners installed Pioneer speakers to replace all of the stock speakers.

EXTERIOR:

This car was repainted in approx. 2004. There are a few issues with the paint that I took some pretty good pictures of. There are some rock chips on the front bumper cover/hood. The clear is cracking at the front of the hood, and there are 3 spots on the hood where the paint bubbled and cracked (they are all less than 1/4" long)(see pics). One of the previous owners had a shelf fall on the rear hatch causing a dent on the driver side upright of the hatch and a crack in the rear spoiler (See pics). There are scrapes on both rockers which are only really noticeable when you are underneath the car or on the ground. These appear to be from scraping going in and out of a driveway. There are some surface rust spots at the bottom of the rear hatch glass where the metal clips hold the black moulding that surrounds the rear glass. These are not rusted through, but will need attention if this vehicle is going to be outside (It stayed in my climate controlled garage and never saw rain when I had it). There is also a spot of surface rust where the weather stripping meets at the rear hatch near the lock mechanisim (see pics). There is a dime sized dent on the bottom of the Pass. side door underneath the trim moulding. There is a scratch on the rear bumper cover (See pics). The wheels have no curb rash, nor is the clear coat peeling. Tires were installed by the previous owner and have about 2500 miles on them. The Pass. side front fender is a Ford R-DOT fender...Carfax is clean.

I know that I am potentially missing a few things in this description. I am a very honest seller as I have been burnt in the past with horrible descriptions, etc...only to waste my time to travel to see an item that CERTAINLY wasn't what was described. I will not do that to anyone else. I tried to take a picture of EVERY blemish that I know of. If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If anyone needs to see more pictures of something specific, I will take them. I have every receipt of anything I bought for the car and service records in a binder since I bought it. I am located in Central Pennsylvania. The best way to get a hold of me is through my e-mail
Last edited by St8-E on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pre-Production # 15, (Teal / Leather), No Sunroof (SOLD)

Shortly looking for a Vibrant/Black cloth
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Sorry to see ya sell, but understand.

Really nice write up and description of the car.

GLWS
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

Would be nice to own this pre.
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

Hmmmm!
-Brian-
93 SVT #15 (pre-production)
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

This is how we chill from 93 till.....
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

nice car, whats the preproduction story please do tell!!!
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

Well with the number on it my ears are definitely perked up, my only reservation would be the dings and paint, I'm really not interested in tearing a car apart and getting body work done and paint immidiately, but I am very intrigued
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

trackpilot

Post by trackpilot »

I would love to buy this car. The only problem is the body work. Easy $5k there.
-Brian

On the hunt again...
Looking for a very nice all stock driver Red with NO Sunroof car!!!
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

trackpilot wrote:I would love to buy this car. The only problem is the body work. Easy $5k there.
My thoughts exacty, only reason I'm not booking a flight right now
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

trackpilot

Post by trackpilot »

RollTide93 wrote:
trackpilot wrote:I would love to buy this car. The only problem is the body work. Easy $5k there.
haha me too. I've got the cash ready to go.
This would be a good one for Aaron since it wouldn't cost him much to fix it up. Then he can sell it to us. haha
-Brian

On the hunt again...
Looking for a very nice all stock driver Red with NO Sunroof car!!!
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

trackpilot wrote:
RollTide93 wrote:
haha me too. I've got the cash ready to go.
This would be a good one for Aaron since it wouldn't cost him much to fix it up. Then he can sell it to us. haha
would be nice to see stiles do this one but I wouldn't hold my breathe
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

I'd buy it just for the simple fact that its a very rare pre production, not too worried about the bumps and bruises, mere cosmetic work. As long as the engine is strong and original. if I had the money I'd pick it up quick, fast and in a hurry
Phistry810

Post by Phistry810 »

RollTide93 wrote:Hmmmm!
You need another Cobra Tide!
93 SVT Cobra Black/Gray #2010
05 Wrangler Willys 1 of 2,000
89 LX 5.0 Black Convertible (sold)
94 GT 5.0 White Convertible (sold)
88 GT 5.0 Red (sold)
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »