(tliss) Black/Black #3952 Asking-$9.5

For Sale listings of our members cobras.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

BrettT

(tliss) Black/Black #3952 Asking-$9.5

Post by BrettT »

For Sale: 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra #3952 of 4993
First Model of the SVT Cobras!
5.0L V8 HO
3 Door Hatch

This is a good car, runs great. I bought it as a project and I do not have the time to spend on it like I would like.

List of all that has been done to it so far:
New aluminum drive shaft
New Moser axles and wheel studs along with refreshed bearings and axle seals
Refreshed rear end with new gears
New BBK shorty headers
Stock H pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder cat back with chrome tips
New remanufactured smog pump and all plumbing reinstalled (was not there when I got it)
Full tune up with New fuel filter, new plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, new belts and hoses
New polyurethane motor mounts and transmission mount
New headlights, corner markers and turn signals, and new fog lamps
New water pump
New fan
New Alpine stereo head unit with USB input
Got a new spare tire on aluminum wheel (stock Cobra) and tire change kit (didn't have it when I bought the car)
New door sill plates
Have the ash tray door fix-it kit but have not put it on

List of what I inherited:
Previous owner installed new suspension pieces, Koni shocks and struts swapping to coil-overs in the back, along with new upper and lower control arms in the back
6" tachometer that has been disconnected. . .I have not had the time to remove.
BBK filter and chrome power tube
MSD ignition coil
Gauge cluster is not the original cluster, so mileage is unknown. Estimate 130-140K.
It also has a "silent" alarm system. I have discovered how to disarm it out of necessity!

Pros:
Runs strong. . .power train is solid with no leaks or issues.
Interior is in good condition for a 19 year old car. Black cloth interior looks good with a few minor issues (torn piping in spots). Carpet looks good and dash and doors are in good condition, with map pockets sagging slightly.
Frame is straight and true. . .never been in an accident.
Comes with second set of Cobra 17x7.5" wheels -- bought a second set to refinish so I could drive the car while the set on it was being redone
New tires replaced within the last year (two ready to go on the front, just haven't gotten around to it).

Cons:
The car has some slight hail damage incurred prior to my purchasing the vehicle. Also the upper panels of the car (hood, roof, decklid) are faded and clearcoat is peeling. Bumpers have the typical spider cracks in the paint and passenger sideskirt has yellow undercoating showing through where paint has peeled. This car definitely needs a paintjob. All that being said, all of the pieces are original pieces.
All wheels are showing their age.

As it sits right now this car can be used as a daily driver if desired. I had so many plans of restoring this car to its glory days and just have not the opportunity to get as much done as I would have liked. This is definitely a classic, as there were under 5,000 made in 1993, and quite a few of the ones that were out on the roads are likely totaled. . .the rest are sitting in people's garages just waiting for their value to go up when this car hits "classic" status! Not to mention it is the first SVT Cobra produced and the last Fox body! There are not many of these for sale across the country and not many driving around town! This car is definitely a collector!

Mileage unknown, as the gauge cluster was replaced. Current reading is 55xxx, and CarFax has it going to approximately 130K before what appears to be the cluster swap. I estimate mileage to be between 130-140K.

Asking $9,500. Serious buyers only. Interested parties should come with cash in hand. No free joyrides! More pics available upon request.

CL Link: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/3443460753.html

Old Forum Links:

viewtopic.php?t=4231&highlight=3952
viewtopic.php?t=4565&highlight=3952

Toy Cobra

Re: (tliss) Black/Black #3952 Asking-$9.5k

Post by Toy Cobra »

Is this car still available?
BrettT

Re: (tliss) Black/Black #3952 Asking-$9.5k

Post by BrettT »

Toy Cobra wrote:Is this car still available?
It's a member's car.

Here's his PM: ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=41063
JohnLynch

Re: (tliss) Black/Black #3952 Asking-$9.5

Post by JohnLynch »

Brett- how come this car stays at the top?
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP