Reb Black Cloth Official Sale Post 30K miles

For Sale listings of our members cobras.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Re: Reb Black Cloth Official Sale Post 30K miles

Post by dbrennancobra »

Movie theater popcorn or kettle cooked anyone?
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

dbrennancobra wrote:Movie theater popcorn or kettle cooked anyone?
I like movie theater :pop: glad im just eating popcorn for this one. Anyone wanna drink?
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
Duke03

Post by Duke03 »

I've got cash in hand, but I'm not leaving my couch. Especially on a holiday weekend.

Sorry Aaron. Couldn't resist.
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

No worried fellas, and no pop corn needed. I was upset is all and made a post, Note to self never post when upset. The bottom line is the car is still for sale, If I don't sell soon, I will be painting the rear bumper, That is the Only thing I would change, oh and some new tires.
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

The banks have really made a cut on the lax of throwing money around like before, no matter the previous situation it will sell.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
rufus

Post by rufus »

Hi MROLDSCHOOL and Aaron. Sorry if I'm out of bounds, but from what I read in this thread, I don't see why your deal is "off".......maybe there's something simple I don't know or understand.

Here's what I'm basing this on:
1. MROLDSCHOOL is pre-approved for a loan in excess of the agreed purchase amount, but the bank couldn't provide sufficient cash for him to consummate the deal at the time initially planned.

2. Aaron still has the car and it's still for sale.

3. I'm assuming both would still be willing to complete the deal if a viewing and payment can be arranged as originally agreed.

So, my questions are: When can MROLDSCHOOL have enough cash to cover the full purchase price? Sometime next week? Is $8000 the most cash the bank can provide against the loan and anything additional must be in the form of a bank draft? When/how could a bank draft be "cashed" by MROLDSCHOOL? Could he have the draft made out to a trusted friend/relative and have them cash it for him? Was it imperative the deal was completed this weekend? Wouldn't both parties be better off just postponing the deal a week or so? Maybe these or other options are worth exploring. Another useful tactic MROLDSCHOOL may already have tried is to enlist help from the bank official by calmly explaining the whole situation and asking "what would you do if you were in my position?"

Sorry if my nose is where it doesn't belong. It just seems there's gotta be a way. I just hate to see this really nice car not go to a buyer who obviously appreciates it.....

Bob
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Look we can go back and fourth about this one, Bottom line is, I can only go by what he told me. He said he could not get the money yesterday to come and get the car today. Now with that being said, if he showed up one day next week with cash. Id gladly sell it to him.

However he said he couldn't go through with the deal. Why I do not know. And I don't want to make any assumptions. I do know Most banks will not just Loan cash on Rebuilt title cars regardless of your credit. And when THey do loan on old cars, most time the rate is very high.

So, with this being said, lets MOVE on Please.
Duke03

Post by Duke03 »

Anyone that needs a loan to buy a 20 year old mustang probably shouldn't buy it. It sucks trying to sell stuff to people that promise the world but then can't hold up their end of the deal.
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Duke03 wrote:Anyone that needs a loan to buy a 20 year old mustang probably shouldn't buy it. It sucks trying to sell stuff to people that promise the world but then can't hold up their end of the deal.

X2 I paid cash for all mine. The banks are dicks about old cars. Its not worth the headache.

escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

JohnLynch wrote:
Duke03 wrote:Anyone that needs a loan to buy a 20 year old mustang probably shouldn't buy it. It sucks trying to sell stuff to people that promise the world but then can't hold up their end of the deal.

X2 I paid cash for all mine. The banks are dicks about old cars. Its not worth the headache.
X3!! Cash is King!!
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
Goose17

Post by Goose17 »

JohnLynch wrote:

I actually took out a loan on the car I'm buying. My bank (USAA) has good rates that get even better when you borrow $15k+, so I borrowed the 15 and paid cash for the balance. No early payoff penalty either. USAA didn't give me any issues in lending for such an old car.
'11 GT500 FR750 2.9 Whipple, '04 Mystichrome Terminator vert, '02 Mustang GT, 00R, '93 Cobra #1447, '89 Mustang GT vert.

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Goose17 wrote:
JohnLynch wrote:

I actually took out a loan on the car I'm buying. My bank (USAA) has good rates that get even better when you borrow $15k+, so I borrowed the 15 and paid cash for the balance. No early payoff penalty either. USAA didn't give me any issues in lending for such an old car.
How about you cancel your loan, and we trade for your mystichrome vert?
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Goose17 wrote:
JohnLynch wrote:

Strange I have usaa and they would not loan me on a 93 cobra.

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Many factors guys... Credit, yearly income, what you own, debt, etc..

I say if you need a loan to buy a toy, it's prob not the right time, keep on saving.
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

dbrennancobra wrote:Many factors guys... Credit, yearly income, what you own, debt, etc..

I say if you need a loan to buy a toy, it's prob not the right time, keep on saving.

This was a year ago. It had nothing to do with credit or income. They actually said because it was 20 years old they had to do an appraisal and it was not a "regular" car loan. Since it was a collector the interest rates also changed. Thats why I said to hell with all the red tape its easier to pay cash.