Reb Black Cloth Official Sale Post 30K miles

For Sale listings of our members cobras.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Re: Reb Black Cloth Official Sale Post 30K miles

Post by dbrennancobra »

Looks good, shouldn't last long at that price. Btw don't forget air box sticker.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Don't worry DB, its on it's way.
DeadStang

Post by DeadStang »

93svt#2779 wrote:Are you going to install the cobra emblems or leave them off?
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Are those reproduction floormats? How come the new ignition cylinders always look like bright chrome?

Nice rescue btw. Guess this one sat for years kinda cool it only has 30k miles on it.
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Yes John, it sat for last 14 years, I got the car from GM of Late Model Resto, one of his buddies bought the car back in 2000 from the auction along with my teal car.

ANd yes, I need to change out the lock Cylinder, there are a few things that aren't 100% Correct, But for a Driver I was not worried about it being 100% Correct

Also, I think this set of mats are repo, I will have to look, to be honest, Im not sure, I didn't look they where out of another car.
rufus

Post by rufus »

Hi Aaron. I agree with John Lynch, great job rescuing this Cobra.

In an earlier post you referred to the "22 year old Gatorbacks". Are they the originals? Do they still have the original weights from factory balancing? If true this is waaaaay cool, and I hope someone preserves them just the way they are now. If original, those wheels/tires would an incredible feature on a complete, original Cobra for shows!

Best,
Bob
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Sale Pending to a Board member,

As for the tires, it does have the OEM inner wheel weights, but has stick on weights on the inside. So who really knows, I was told they where original, and the original wheel locks where on them, WITH NO KEY. What a pain in the ass it was to get those off
rufus

Post by rufus »

aaronlstiles wrote:.......and the original wheel locks where on them, WITH NO KEY. What a pain in the ass it was to get those off
First, congrats on your sale, Aaron!

Did you have to use Visegrips on the wheel locks? I can imagine the pain you went thru..... Way back in time the only way I could remove the rusted studs from some cast iron Corvette exhaust manifolds was using visegrips. But in order to get them tight enough on the studs, I had to use channellocks to close 'em! I couldn't close the visegrips tight enough just by hand. Of course, today with the help of AeroKroil that job would have been a lot easier.
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

No vise grips, I used my local Ford dealers Master kit to get them off, and it was still tough.
jstanley55

Post by jstanley55 »

Take an old socket, hammer it over the lock, then hit it with an impact. Done it 1000 times and never had any problems.
#4993 Teal/Leather
#168 '89 Saleen SSC
#1848 Red/Leather (sold)
#4532 Black/Black (sold)
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

jstanley55 wrote:Take an old socket, hammer it over the lock, then hit it with an impact. Done it 1000 times and never had any problems.
same here works everytime use a 12 point socket usually about 13/16 or 7/8
rufus

Post by rufus »

1993cobra wrote:
jstanley55 wrote:Take an old socket, hammer it over the lock, then hit it with an impact. Done it 1000 times and never had any problems.
same here works everytime use a 12 point socket usually about 13/16 or 7/8
Thanks guys.....great trick. Makes perfect sense. Ya just gotta think outside the box sometimes, huh?

Interesting this apparently works better (ie easier) than Ford's method...?!!?

Regards,
Bob
MROLDSCHOOL

Post by MROLDSCHOOL »

I am posting this at the request of the seller. I do owe him that much. A long story short. As far as i can tell there is absolutely nothing wrong with this car except for what has been mentioned. I did have all intentions of purchasing this car. However, i told Aaron i want to see the car first before i hand over the money (and for me it is a fairly substantial amount). Aaron wanted me to wire the money. I told him i just wasn't comfortable with doing that until i saw the car first. I realize a fair amount of you guys are okay with that and have done it many times. i am just not that person. Aaron agreed with me as i told him i had the loan (personal) approved at my local credit union. My plan was to get the cash get on a one way plane ticket to salt lake and drive the car home after i saw it.

Today, i went to the credit union with my wife to sign the loan docs and was told of the 20,000 loan i could only get 8,000 cash today ( and that was me going to both branches in phoenix. The other is in Tucson). I told them i needed the higher amount for the car as i was getting on a plane in the morning and headed to buy a car. they told me the only thing i could do was take a bank check for the requested amount. At no time was i told or did i assume i couldn't get the requested amount out in cash today.

I explained the situation to Aaron and understandably he was not to happy. I told him i just can't pull the trigger on the wiring of money without first looking at the car. I then told him if he had a buyer that was ready to roll to go ahead and skip me and that it just wasn't meant to be. This may have cost Aaron a sale to the first person who put a deposit down and for that i am truly sorry. sorry for the long post.
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

MROLDSCHOOL wrote:I am posting this at the request of the seller. I do owe him that much. A long story short. As far as i can tell there is absolutely nothing wrong with this car except for what has been mentioned. I did have all intentions of purchasing this car. However, i told Aaron i want to see the car first before i hand over the money (and for me it is a fairly substantial amount). Aaron wanted me to wire the money. I told him i just wasn't comfortable with doing that until i saw the car first. I realize a fair amount of you guys are okay with that and have done it many times. i am just not that person. Aaron agreed with me as i told him i had the loan (personal) approved at my local credit union. My plan was to get the cash get on a one way plane ticket to salt lake and drive the car home after i saw it.

Today, i went to the credit union with my wife to sign the loan docs and was told of the 20,000 loan i could only get 8,000 cash today ( and that was me going to both branches in phoenix. The other is in Tucson). I told them i needed the higher amount for the car as i was getting on a plane in the morning and headed to buy a car. they told me the only thing i could do was take a bank check for the requested amount. At no time was i told or did i assume i couldn't get the requested amount out in cash today.

I explained the situation to Aaron and understandably he was not to happy. I told him i just can't pull the trigger on the wiring of money without first looking at the car. I then told him if he had a buyer that was ready to roll to go ahead and skip me and that it just wasn't meant to be. This may have cost Aaron a sale to the first person who put a deposit down and for that i am truly sorry. sorry for the long post.
Ok, First off MR OLD School, thank you for tell about half the truth! I will also make it short, NOT!
I told you on Monday I had a deal pending, and you told me you had CASH in HAND! Not that you had to get a loan! This was Monday.

Now Tuesday rolls around, My First buyer wires me a deposit, or says they are, I did not get it till yesterday, I again told you I had a deposit, you again said you where ready to purchase. I said if I did not get her payment I would work with you. The First Buyer wanted to do a partial trade, I agreed, I would do a paritial trade, she said she would wire the full amount and see me in two weeks. I agreed. Wire shows up, and it is not the full amount, not even half. I told the buyer I did not want to tie the car up for two weeks to only have them not be able to come up with the funds. So I txt MR old School told him what was going one, he said he wanted the car, NO Questions, it was his dream car. I said ok. So I send A Video of it running, and multiple Pictures, and answered at least 50 TXT messages.

Bounce too today, he says I have to go to the bank and sign the papers, This after he says he has Cash in Hand, and he wanted the car. I agreed to wait till Saturday, he could fly out I would pick him up at the Air Port. He could inspect the car and then pay me for the car. At NO POINT DID HE ASK ME ABOUT THE WHOLE LOOKING AT THE CAR BEFORE HE SENT THE WIRE!

Now I understand it is tough to buy a car sight unseen. But after Multiple pictures, answering lots of questions, and sending videos of the car, and then tell me he has cash, and then only to back out, then make a Post acting like I am the bad guy here is just Nuts!

I bought a 2009 GT 500 KR three weeks ago sight unseen, Paind 50K plus for the car, sent his bank the payoff, without seeing the car no less!

Mr Old School, all I can say is I tried to work with you, all you had to do is Fly in and look at the car. If it was not as described! I would have paid for your Plane Ticket! You said you had cash in had. The fact is, you did not! you had to get a loan for the car. A loan is not CASH in HAND! If your Planning to buy one of these cars, you will need cash!
buddha

Post by buddha »

Alrighty then. :pat:

Anycrap, just wanted to say it looks like the car turned out really nice, should make a really nice driver/cruiser whoever buys it.

BTW, just my 2 cents, just sounded like old school was apologizing for flaking out on the deal with you, not slamming ya Aaron.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP