Teal / Black Cloth - 51k miles #194 [DISREGARD - Keeping it]

For Sale listings of our members cobras.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

Nosmirc73

Teal / Black Cloth - 51k miles #194 [DISREGARD - Keeping it]

Post by Nosmirc73 »

I think I may be interested in selling mine. It's been garage kept and is in great condition. The original owner put a vortech supercharger on it and 3.73 gears. Fortunately he never went radical with it. I have the SVT certificate. I'm somewhat unsure on what would be a good price for this car. I told my buddy I was going to ask 11.5k for it and he told me I'm selling too low and encouraged me to keep it for fear of regret later on down the road.

Can anyone here give me a ballpark on what a good asking price on this car would be before I try and sell it on craigslist or something?

Last edited by Nosmirc73 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"There's a strong streak of good in you Superman, but then nobody's perfect. Almost nobody." Lex Luthor
WillyB93

Re: Teal / Black Cloth - 51k miles # 194

Post by WillyB93 »

No exhaust work? Do you have the stock parts to go along with it any motor pictures?
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

$15-16 k possibly more, or less

Engine shot? Undercarriage? Exhaust? Carpet? Paperwork documentation? Spare parts? Oem Floormats? Shift knob? Ashtray door issue? Any other issues? Etc..
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
buddha

Post by buddha »

If the mileage is correct and no major accidents, It would more than likely sell for that without the blower. If it's just a bolt on S-trim or the like, it's a simple bolt-on/bolt-off setup. Clean it up really nice and stick it out there for $15k.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

^^^

I generally agree ... although I would use $16.5K as an initial asking price assuming you have the documentation, all VIN stickers are present, etc.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Nosmirc73

Post by Nosmirc73 »

I do not have the parts from when the blower was put on. To my knowledge, the floormats are the ones that came with the car. I will have to get better interior pics to post but it's super clean. I made sure before I bought it that it's never been wrecked. And it's been babied since I've had it.

When I got it, there was an aftermarket CD player in it w/o a face plate. I got a new radio & remote. I'm told that the battery shown in the engine pic is a big deal... I don't know much about car batteries. I know it's not the one that was on it when I bought it though lol.

Here are a couple of snaps from the owner before me.
"There's a strong streak of good in you Superman, but then nobody's perfect. Almost nobody." Lex Luthor
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

The battery isn't that big of a deal, as long as it actually is being held down by the holder. Most the guys prefer a Motorcraft style battery. Looks to have been tuned with the FMU, has different radiator, wrong shift knob, and holes in the console from the radio. That is a later style certificate, Is the ashtray door broke?
Nosmirc73

Post by Nosmirc73 »

WillyB93 wrote:The battery isn't that big of a deal, as long as it actually is being held down by the holder. Most the guys prefer a Motorcraft style battery. Looks to have been tuned with the FMU, has different radiator, wrong shift knob, and holes in the console from the radio. That is a later style certificate, Is the ashtray door broke?
I've since replaced the radio. When I bought it, it had an aftermarket CD player that was missing the face plate. I bought a new remote controlled radio for it. The insert that was in it matches perfectly so no more "holes." :) The ashtray door spring is jacked up. I bought the kit but haven't installed it as I'm told it's a complete pain in the butt to do on your own. The weatherstripping on the drivers side also has a tear at the bottom. I bought a new weatherstripping kit for it but haven't put them in.

I found a link from where the car was originally being sold on craigslist before I bought it. The video someone linked shows where one of the fog lamps was out.. I've replaced those which looks much nicer lol.

viewtopic.php?t=3940&highlight=194
buddha

Post by buddha »

Sounds like it's a pretty standard Vortech kit, probably the 5-6 psi kit.

Bottom line is you have a Teal with black cloth which if you play the numbers game, is 1 of 185 cars with that color combo. Mileage is decent, car looks straight so with some TLC it could be cleaned up nice and even put back close to stock if a guy wanted to.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

I would leave the blower on. There are buyers out there that wouldn't mind a clean teal/blk with a blower. IMO, I think it may sell faster then an all stock teal/blk with the same mileage at an asking price in the mid-upper teens.

Just for an example check the recent sale of this one.... viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7021 ....car sold quick just the way it is. Here's a quote from that thread in regards to price.
Z282SLO wrote:
JohnLynch wrote:Congrats on the quick sale, these cars move when priced right.
$17.5K asking price for a modded Cobra + sale within a week = :headbang:

I agree with Z28, ask $16.5 or a little higher....as long as there are no holes drilled anywhere, undercarriage is clean, and the issues are addressed.
Nosmirc73

Post by Nosmirc73 »

After further consideration and a couple of serious inquiries from potential buyers, I've realized that I can't bring myself to sell the car. I appreciate everyone's time to reply and insight. I just know that I would regret this if I sold it. These cars in the type of condition that this one is in are often difficult to come by...
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: Teal / Black Cloth - 51k miles #194 [DISREGARD - Keeping

Post by Z282SLO »

^^^

Good thinking! :idea:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
WillyB93

Re: Teal / Black Cloth - 51k miles #194 [DISREGARD - Keeping

Post by WillyB93 »

Z282SLO wrote:^^^

Good thinking! :idea:
Agreed, feel free to ask questions on anything you need help with. I'm sure one of us can help you through the issues.