# 2100 Black/Gray for sale in TX $11.5 OBO

For Sale listings of our members cobras.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

k98dave

# 2100 Black/Gray for sale in TX $11.5 OBO

Post by k98dave »

1993 Mustang Cobra for sale Asking $11500.

I purchased this Cobra from the manager of Late Model Restoration (5.0 Resto) here in Texas about 6 years ago. The mileage was just over 99k. The car has some minor mods and needed some cosmetic restoration. It was my goal to return this car to all original stock condition. It was my project after I retired along with a 84 SVO project which I just sold also.

Mechanical Work:

For starters it had the typical rear main seal weep that left a small spot of oil in the garage floor. In the process of replacing the rear main seal I discovered the oil pan gasket was actually leaking more than the main seal. At the time I had access to a full Mustang shop so it was easier to remove the motor to replace the gaskets. Removed the oil pan and examined the bottom end, the car had very little traces of any sludge or varnish so the owners apparently used synthetic oil and changed it frequently. We also checked the timing chain which showed no slack, and pulled one main cap. No sign of bearing scuffing, cylinders still show cross hatch hone marks.
We installed a new Ford oil pump and one piece oil pan gasket and new rear main seal. The flywheel was re surfaced and although the clutch looked ok we installed a new stock Ford clutch.

The rear gears had been changed to 3:73 and there was some bearing noise so it was rebuilt with Ford stock 3:08 gears, posi clutch pack and outer bearings/seals replaced. Fresh brake pads installed all around. Shocks and struts had been replaced previously and still good.

The off road h pipe/cat back was replaced with a factory stock replacement system by Walker. Using stock sized pipes with correct stainless exhaust pipes.

The A/C was converted to R134 however it didn't provide air as cold as it should even though the system pressures all checked on spec. The A/C tech suggested to bypass the heater core and sure enough 8 to 10 deg cooler. He thinks that the register door wasn't closing off the heater core completely so rather than pull out the dash I left the heater bypassed. Don't use the car in anything but sunny weather and even in winter here a black car with a sunroof warms quickly inside.

Cosmetic Work:
The paint was in good condition with the exception of the front bumper which I removed and had re sprayed. The rest of the paint showed some weathering of the clear coat so it was wet sanded with 2000 paper and then 3 stages of machine buffing. Over all I would rate the paint as 7 of 10 with some spots showing what I would call spider cracks in the clear coat and some thin areas but not easy to see. The lower area around the left fog light needs to be redone as its showing some cracks in the paint now and rear bumper cover could use a respray as well.

All front lights had yellowed so they were replaced with correct OEM Ford pieces not aftermarket, rears were still orig.
The wheels were stripped and refinished with the correct Ford coded wheel paint. The brake calipers cleaned and coated with high temp clear to prevent rust. I found new 2011 dated GoodYear Gator back tires which were the correct for the Cobra.

The interior was good however the drivers seat had typical wear so both front seats were re done with covering from TMI. Drivers side seat foam was replaced also. The rear seat was left as is since it showed no issues. I replaced all the door weatherstrips and also new door lock actuators and drivers side pwr window motor as it was weak.
I detailed the rest of the car using info and photos from various Cobras pictures posted here and other sites and local low mile examples 93 Mustangs to re apply various factory paint inspection marks, stickers and decals as needed. Current milage is 106K car runs perfectly and has passed for a low mile car at local shows. Have original window sticker, manual, SVT Certificate. This is a car than you can enjoy driving and still maintain its originality and value. Also have extra set of unused floor mats and set of new in the box Cobra front brake rotors.

Only reason I'm selling is I'm on the waiting list for the new Shelby GT350.

Contact at 817 284-0064 or e mail for pictures k98dave at aol.com k98dave@aol.com.

K98Dave
88 LX hatch -(SOLD
1984 SVO number 110 (SOLD)
93 Cobra Blk# 2100 Still a Virgin- No Mods
95 Lightning (SOLD)
86 LX Restoration in work)
2013 F150 Reg cab Short Bed 5.0
k98dave

Re: # 2100 Black/Gray for sale in TX $11.5 OBO

Post by k98dave »

Sold.
K98Dave