Wanting to buy clean 93 Cobra- Located in Kansas

For Sale listings of our members cobras.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

Polock4life

Wanting to buy clean 93 Cobra- Located in Kansas

Post by Polock4life »

Hey guys I'm posting in the member's forum because honestly I would like to buy a car that has been owned by someone who knows quite a bit about the cars and has taken good care of it. I've been looking for a nice fox for a long time but am not having much luck. I'm looking to buy my first 93 Cobra but I've been following the market for awhile and seeking the advice of a well respected member on this site. I have decided to look at the cobra's because I think they have been cared for in the same way corvette owners tend to take care of their cars. I've made too many trips to look at foxes that are not even close to what they are advertised as.

Right now I'm looking for in this order
Teal/cloth
Red/cloth or Teal leather
Black Cloth
Red leather
Black leather

As you can tell I prefer the cloth interiors but will obviously consider a leather car if it's what I'm looking for. I care mostly about the condition of the car and not quite as much about the miles. Ideally I would like to find a driver and it can either stock or modded... as long as it's done right with quality parts (Ex: supercharged I would expect a custom tune, etc). I would prefer a car without a sunroof as well. I'm a little OCD about small details and really want something with GREAT quarter windows/trim.

Enough rambling. I'm sure more questions will come up and I'll just address them as they arrive. I don't have a specific budget but it would be unlikely that I would spend $20k+. I'm confident I can find what I'm looking for at a lower price than that. I'm in no hurry as we just had another addition to our family this week!

Here's a few photos of a couple of my cars to show I'm definitely a fox guy

31k miles on the royal blue...should have kept that one... I sold it just before the market exploded
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: Wanting to buy clean 93 Cobra- Located in Kansas

Post by Z282SLO »

Polock4life wrote:I'm a little OCD about small details and really want something with GREAT quarter windows/trim.
Great quarter windows and trim?!? Picky! Picky! Next you're gonna say you want tight map pockets, an intact ashtray door and a properly functioning stereo as well! ;)

All kidding aside, that sounds like a fun search. Good luck with it. And nice set of Mustang pics.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Polock4life

Post by Polock4life »

Z282SLO wrote:
Polock4life wrote:I'm a little OCD about small details and really want something with GREAT quarter windows/trim.
Great quarter windows and trim?!? Picky! Picky! Next you're gonna say you want tight map pockets, an intact ashtray door and a properly functioning stereo as well! ;)

All kidding aside, that sounds like a fun search. Good luck with it. And nice set of Mustang pics.
Ha, you got it. Map pockets, ash tray doors, and radio can all be solved. I sent my 93 lx radio to a guy and he sent me back another one with an aux input installed. It was slick and under $100. I didnt want to give up that stock look.

Cant replicate the quarter windows and trim... Ive come close with SEM but its never the same. I may have to just buy some NOS or gently used windows and sit on them.
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

Polock4life wrote:Cant replicate the quarter windows and trim... Ive come close with SEM but its never the same. I may have to just buy some NOS or gently used windows and sit on them.
Just be glad you're buying windows for a hatch and not a notch. NOS notch quarter glass is CUHRAYZEE expensive.

Good luck on your search for a '93! :beer:
Polock4life

Post by Polock4life »

1986Browns wrote:
Polock4life wrote:Cant replicate the quarter windows and trim... Ive come close with SEM but its never the same. I may have to just buy some NOS or gently used windows and sit on them.
Just be glad you're buying windows for a hatch and not a notch. NOS notch quarter glass is CUHRAYZEE expensive.

Good luck on your search for a '93! :beer:
Thanks!

No joke I have seen them for $1k