Novi 2k, R331 Cobra

For Sale listings of our members cobras.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

buddha

Novi 2k, R331 Cobra

Post by buddha »

I've owned this car since 2002, has been garage kept this entire time, I've put about 4k miles on it since owning it. The blower and transmission/clutch have less than 500 miles on them.......engine maybe a few thousand. Also included is the numbers matching drive-train if you wish to put this car back to stock. Why am I selling? I've this one and a black one, so I'm looking to mix it up a little. Here's the bulk of it, as is the norm, I'm sure some little stuff is missing. Car can drive anywhere, though it needs a tune, as I made some changes (larger injectors, opened up the blower inlet) so for any WOT driving, this will need to be revisited. I know the car, so feel free to ask anything specific.

• R-Block, .030 overbore, o-ringed
• Eagle forged rotating assembly
• Cogged Novi 2k, 16psi setup
• Methanol kit, psi activated
• DSS forged pistons
• ATI Damper
• TFS stage 2 cam
• Canton oil pan
• Edelbrock water pump
• Harland sharp rockers
• Fox Lake stage 2 prepped heads
• ARP Head stud kit
• Fluidyne Radiator
• SPAL dul electric fan w/ controller
• Bassani 1 3/4 shortie headers
• Bassani x-pipe w/ cats
• Flowmater 2 1/2 cat-back
• TFS Intake
• 70mm TB and EGR
• TRZ Upper Control arms
• TRZ Lower Control arms
• 31 spline moser axles
• 31 spline Auburn Pro
• TA Cover
• Subframe Connectors
• MSD Pro Billet Distributor
• MSD box
• Full Areomotive Competition Fuel System and sumped tank, all push-loc line
• New TMI leather
• New aftermarket carpet
• OEM CD player
• TKO 500 transmission
• RAM Force 10.5 dual disc
• Quicktime bellhousing
• DDS aluminum driveshaft
• OEM wheels widened to 9.5 out back
• Painless wiring for fans, fuel pump, and methanol
• PMS tuner, latest model
• MSD box
• A9L computer
• Innovate WB handheld, single sensor
• 60lb injectors
• 80mm Pro-M
• Powerpipe w/blowoff valve
• New battery last year

Price is $28k
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
buddha

Re: Novi 2k, R331 Cobra

Post by buddha »

Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
69boss

Post by 69boss »

man what a car... sounds amazing and the price is so right too.....

have you considered putting it on bring a trailer? you might get a bidding war over it as nice as this car is and might even end up with a little more than your asking price....

if this car was teal you would have a wire from me already :) or if it had black interior.. but its an amazing car.. GLWS
buddha

Post by buddha »

69boss wrote:man what a car... sounds amazing and the price is so right too.....

have you considered putting it on bring a trailer? you might get a bidding war over it as nice as this car is and might even end up with a little more than your asking price....

if this car was teal you would have a wire from me already :) or if it had black interior.. but its an amazing car.. GLWS
Ha, thanks. It will take a certain kind of buyer for sure, it's not for everyone.

I've thought about BAT, just haven't got there. The car has all the right stuff, but is far from perfect. It just needs a few things to make it what I would call right.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
69boss

Post by 69boss »

I suppose this is not the best of times to try to sell a car..

any updates on your car? have you had any lookers.. still think you should put it up on BAT... I would love to see the comments :)
buddha

Post by buddha »

Ya, my timing is perfect, eh? :lol:

Lot's of tire kickers, lot of trade offers..........the norm. I've anticipated from the start that I would more than likely just part it out but figured I'd see if there was anyone interested as is.

What's the latest on the your black car?
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
69boss

Post by 69boss »

black car is good... just enjoying driving it around and making small changes to it last thing I did was to make my own shift knob I have like 4 different shift lever and knobs for it just change them out to have a different look.. She has got a new stablemate which I have been busy the last three month working on this "other" cobra... went through just about every part of it to make it new or better too much to list but its all done now and trying to enjoy driving that one too.. now that no one is allowed to go anywhere :)

GLWS I really didnt think you would have any problems selling it hell put it on ebay even..

no one is selling any cobra for less than 25K in pretty much any condition or miles now days i regret not buying the teal cobra that was on ebay a few months ago with the vortech and full griggs suspentsion he wanted 27K I was trying to get a deal at 25k and it got away from me..
buddha

Post by buddha »

I that's a cool shifter knob, definitely one of a kind.

Other toy is uber nice, looks like it's got the big boy motor in it. :mrgreen:
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
69boss

Post by 69boss »

thanks

the other one actually has a small block in it too, a 351w stroked to 408 but it does have some "big boy" stuff on it :)
it was a fun project took about 2 1/2 months working on it almost every night.

specracer

Post by specracer »

Just noticed the belt, man, did you take off the 671, and keep the belt (ha ha)

Those stacks are so cool!
buddha

Post by buddha »

Ya, super cool under the hood. What fuel injection system is it? Whose body kit?
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
69boss

Post by 69boss »

thanks

Andy,

the belt pulleys are cool aren't they? I liked the look so I went for it and it has a distinctive sound even without the big blower on it :)

buddha,

the injection system is speedmaster they make a knock off of the inglese system much cheaper and so far it has performed and looks pretty good i can write a book on how much work went into this car but im running a EZ efi 2.0 from fast. lots of custom touches in the car...

this car was an early superformance that i bought from BAT funny story is that I actually lost the auction but the guy that won the auction backed out of the deal and so the dealer called me back and offered the car to me at my last bid that was not against the other guy who won the auction.. and I didnt have to pay the buyers fee since the other guy had already paid it.. so it was a really good deal, too good to pass up especially for a superformance. I kind of knew the car would have some issues based on the price and some other telltale signs from the auction. when i got her it was in sad shape so the work started promptly. she is all good now...

a week after I got her...

after motor was almost complete.. 2 months into the project...

buddha

Post by buddha »

That's pretty slick, I can see some really cool custom stuff in there.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
69boss

Post by 69boss »

Thanks buddha

believe it or not I get more enjoyment out of driving the fox.... or just as much I should say :)

hope you find a buyer for your car soon, but generally I hate selling cars...

I have a guy who wants my teal black car real bad I dont know if I should sell it... It took me a little while to find it and I dont think I can find another that easily if the time came around again.. same guy just bought my 87 IROC today. so Im somewhat recovering from that... problem is I wasnt driving the camaro and Im not driving the teal cobra at all so its a big dilemma.... the IROC wasnt as big a deal to sell as the teal cobra would be....
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

69boss wrote:Thanks buddha

believe it or not I get more enjoyment out of driving the fox.... or just as much I should say :)

hope you find a buyer for your car soon, but generally I hate selling cars...

I have a guy who wants my teal black car real bad I dont know if I should sell it... It took me a little while to find it and I dont think I can find another that easily if the time came around again.. same guy just bought my 87 IROC today. so Im somewhat recovering from that... problem is I wasnt driving the camaro and Im not driving the teal cobra at all so its a big dilemma.... the IROC wasnt as big a deal to sell as the teal cobra would be....
Would be super hard to replace the teal car, not every day they are popping up for sale. Not sure what the miles are, I sold one a few years ago and has been resold several times cause everyone wants one. I would love to find another teal car or red car with black interior.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)