Beware of R #54!

Cobra R's and their specific parts for sale section.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

SVT4942

Beware of R #54!

Post by SVT4942 »

1FACP42D9PF169236

Roderich (aka Grape) has this car floating around time to time for sale, doesn’t show you many pictures and says you need to see it for yourself. I was one of those that had to see it for myself. Got a plane ticket and rental car ($500).
He moved it from his shop, where his wrapper 93R is located, to his mom’s house. I’m now beginning to think he did that so we couldn’t throw the car on the lift and let me see underneath. The car is as he said, rough and needs some paint work. Carfax shows 16x,xxx plus miles. Fenderwell lips were bent in and the paint has chipped as seen in the pics. Engine looks great, interior looks really good, spare tire is in place. I could see the passenger side door, rear quarter, and rear bumper we’re missing the vin stickers. Roderich claimed he didn’t know anything about it and believed to have been raced by Gary Jones Motorsports (now deceased). I could only see what I could under the car from on my belly. Being that Roderich “knew nothing about the accident” and possibly raced, I was ok with buying it for $50k, not thinking anything of it.
I contacted Aaron Stiles and he knew everything about this car already. Just two months prior he confronted Roderich that it was wrapped around a tree, was a high mileage, and that it was sold in Roderich’s dad’s estate auction for $37k. Roderich bought it back of course.
Roderich denied everything. It is believed Roderich put his spare dated 93R parts to piece this one together to give the image everything has always been there. Either way, the parts are there.

I actually tracked down the original owner(then 16yrs old). Greene Ford Dealership brothers(his dad) took this R out to the Atlanta track with 5 (Five) miles on her. They lost control, slid sideways, and slammed a pine tree at over 40 mph. The jaws of life had to be used to cut the door open to get his father out. Seeing the father could no longer sell it, he bought the car and gave to his (then) 16 year old son that drove it every day to H.S and all over. He took a wooden baseball bat under the fenders to tuck them up so he could fit 95R rims on, hence the paint chipped off. He informed me there is a LOT of bondo on the passenger side floor board from the tree (Roderich could have told me this part when he replaced and spray painted the exhaust). The car was in fact sold to Gary Jones that tried to get it back to stock i.e. removed the stereo system, stupid bling, etc. Never being raced by Gary Jones was confirmed.

I contacted Roderich to confront him with what I found out. He only acknowledged what I was saying by saying “ok”, but did not confirm the facts I was telling him. I offered $40k and he said no thank you, $50k firm. Hours later I said I would still like to come get it. His mom called me in the morning and said she’s pulling the deal and car is no longer for sale. She seemed a little upset with me, maybe for calling them out on the facts? I don’t know?

Apparently now he’s increased the price to mid $65k, not worth it!!!

I would have never posted this if Roderich was 100% honest and truthful to me. Seeing as I’m out a plane ticket, rental car, and not getting the truth, I feel it’s only right to have this information published so another me doesn’t come around and get misled. Roderick/Grape is very dishonest. He does know some history on this car and of course has to know of all the bondo on the passenger side.
The picture of the totaled car is NOT #54. I sent it to the original owner. He said the tree impact was more centered on the door, hit way harder, and the jaws of life was used to rip the door off to get his dad out.

Sorry not sorry
Grape, did I miss anything?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
19 Shelby GT350 Ford Performance Blue
93 EY/C6 13C #12
93 RD/DJ #2304
93 RD/DJ 13C #2651 w/ #1138’s (RD/DJ) Drivetrain
93 RD/DJ 13C #4942
buddha

Re: Beware of R #54!

Post by buddha »

I can't help but wonder if the car is even worth $40k considering no telling if it was even repaired correctly. You'd have to strip it down to find out what's hiding.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
SVT4942

Post by SVT4942 »

buddha wrote:I can't help but wonder if the car is even worth $40k considering no telling if it was even repaired correctly. You'd have to strip it down to find out what's hiding.
I agree brother! And now the fact he raised the price to $65k!!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
19 Shelby GT350 Ford Performance Blue
93 EY/C6 13C #12
93 RD/DJ #2304
93 RD/DJ 13C #2651 w/ #1138’s (RD/DJ) Drivetrain
93 RD/DJ 13C #4942
specracer

Post by specracer »

Great info!
69boss

Post by 69boss »

thanks for sharing....

prices on foxes are reaching the stupid level.
buddha

Post by buddha »

69boss wrote:thanks for sharing....

X2

Good thing we already own them........lol!

Good thing though, if your buying, GT500's are a friggin' bargain right now. What other 200 mph car can you buy for $45k with low miles.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
specracer

Post by specracer »

Same holds true on 2012-2013 Boss 302's.

Buying situations may improve over the next few months.
buddha wrote:
Good thing though, if your buying, GT500's are a friggin' bargain right now.
69boss

Post by 69boss »

buddha wrote:
69boss wrote:thanks for sharing....

X2

Good thing we already own them........lol!

Good thing though, if your buying, GT500's are a friggin' bargain right now. What other 200 mph car can you buy for $45k with low miles.

haha yes... Im certainly glad I bought mine when I did.... I dont think I would be paying these ridiculous prices people are asking for right now... I mean at the end of the day its a fox body... as for the GT500 I never really liked the newer cars but who knows maybe they will grow on me as time goes on... but no doubt they are a great value.. I also never liked the 03 04 cobra either but they are starting to grow on me now.. as far as a 200MPH GT500... well there are other ways to get to 200 and beyond :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhqBm1VmWsc
69boss

Post by 69boss »

specracer wrote:Same holds true on 2012-2013 Boss 302's.

Buying situations may improve over the next few months.
buddha wrote:
Good thing though, if your buying, GT500's are a friggin' bargain right now.

yes it will be interesting to see how things pan out..

you wouldnt know it by looking at BAT everyone is still bidding like its just another week...