93 Cobra R

Cobra R's and their specific parts for sale section.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

So the R isnt all thats cracked up to be huh? :?
buddha

Post by buddha »

Ah, now I know who you'r talking about.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

The R Maket is not what it was, I sold my last 93R for 37K, the old Kauffman race car, and it only had 2K miles on it. This one was owend originally by a guy who owned a Ford dealer up in NC, When I talked to him about buying it, he wanted like 32K for the car, needed tires, trim needed paint, and the Front Grill insert had some pretty good size chipsin the paint missing, not sure if it was repainted or not.

All I can say is, for a 93R it should have a set of OEM Tires on it, I dont know who would put a set of cheap tires on a R. I wouldn't mind having this one for an occasional Driver.
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

aaronlstiles wrote:The R Maket is not what it was, I sold my last 93R for 37K, the old Kauffman race car, and it only had 2K miles on it. This one was owend originally by a guy who owned a Ford dealer up in NC, When I talked to him about buying it, he wanted like 32K for the car, needed tires, trim needed paint, and the Front Grill insert had some pretty good size chipsin the paint missing, not sure if it was repainted or not.

All I can say is, for a 93R it should have a set of OEM Tires on it, I dont know who would put a set of cheap tires on a R. I wouldn't mind having this one for an occasional Driver.
Aaron is that spare tire OEM? It says Douglas? Do you think the R's will jump back up in the future? What do you think this ones worth?
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

No it is not, I talked to the Dealer today, he said he make 4K off each car he sell, said he would let it go for 34,900, so that tells me he is in it, right at 30K, now. He did not buy it from TwinVipers, he bought it from some guy in Fl, so if he to made money on it, that means it must have sold really cheap, say around 29K.

Which make cense to me, look at how cheap the 95R is now, I think they are a much nicer car, more power, better trans. Just my 02 On tha.

As for prices going up, I think they are where they should be, the collector car prices went through the roof with all the BJ prices, Problem with that is they where so over inflated with all the Drunk Rich Guys running up the prices, just to see who had more money, It doesnt help price a car at all. But like the old saying goes, it is worth what someone will pay for it.
buddha

Post by buddha »

aaronlstiles wrote:

Which make cense to me, look at how cheap the 95R is now, I think they are a much nicer car, more power, better trans. Just my 02 On tha.

As for prices going up, I think they are where they should be, the collector car prices went through the roof with all the BJ prices, Problem with that is they where so over inflated with all the Drunk Rich Guys running up the prices, just to see who had more money, It doesnt help price a car at all. But like the old saying goes, it is worth what someone will pay for it.
Agree with all of this. 93R's where never worth the stupid money they were exchaning hads for a few years ago. In theory, the cars with racing heritage should bring a premium.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

buddha wrote:
aaronlstiles wrote:

Agree with all of this. 93R's where never worth the stupid money they were exchaning hads for a few years ago. In theory, the cars with racing heritage should bring a premium.
Ditto.
93r's only should be worth $30-50k tops. IMO
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

buddha wrote:
aaronlstiles wrote:

For me they are worth more than a wrapper cobra which goes for around thirty for the simple fact that there is only 107 of them ever made....period! I don't expect them to have all the power stuff and radio or floormats, it was made as a "race car" I understand it wouldn't hang with the factory race cars of today but that's what made these cars cool is that they are from 1993. That's what makes the teal's cool is that there is no way in hell any of us would order a car today in that color but in 93 it was cool, I get aaron's point he has owned them before and doesn't care for them but my interest is #, which is why I love 4993 and R's
-Brian-
93 SVT #15 (pre-production)
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

This is how we chill from 93 till.....
buddha

Post by buddha »

RollTide93 wrote: For me they are worth more than a wrapper cobra which goes for around thirty for the simple fact that there is only 107 of them ever made....period!
I agree with that also, but there were a handful of cars in the 70k+ range going back in forth which was insane IMO. Some of the classic muscle cars from the 60's don't bring that sort of coin and those cars a limited just for the simple fact not many are around any more after 40+ years.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

buddha wrote:
RollTide93 wrote: For me they are worth more than a wrapper cobra which goes for around thirty for the simple fact that there is only 107 of them ever made....period!
I agree with that also, but there were a handful of cars in the 70k+ range going back in forth which was insane IMO. Some of the classic muscle cars from the 60's don't bring that sort of coin and those cars a limited just for the simple fact not many are around any more after 40+ years.
Ya but there isn't many cars from the past even that had a production run of 107, except for maybe copo's, nickey's, or the 68 shelby FE cars, or 427 galaxies but it is the top dog for a car that I believe will be extremely desirable in the future, especially with the fox body scene getting bigger
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

buddha

Post by buddha »

RollTide93 wrote:Ya but there isn't many cars from the past even that had a production run of 107, except for maybe copo's, nickey's, or the 68 shelby FE cars, or 427 galaxies but it is the top dog for a car that I believe will be extremely desirable in the future, especially with the fox body scene getting bigger
Yes, but many cars are down to 100 known in existance or less for the simple fact they've all been crushed or lost. But I do understand the low production number, I just don't think they deserve a $100k price tag.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

buddha wrote:
RollTide93 wrote:Ya but there isn't many cars from the past even that had a production run of 107, except for maybe copo's, nickey's, or the 68 shelby FE cars, or 427 galaxies but it is the top dog for a car that I believe will be extremely desirable in the future, especially with the fox body scene getting bigger
Yes, but many cars are down to 100 known in existance or less for the simple fact they've all been crushed or lost. But I do understand the low production number, I just don't think they deserve a $100k price tag.
Of course, the R will never probably reach $100k but asking $30k for one with 20k miles is not out of hand
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Looks like it sold anyone here buy it?
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

i think if i had the stupid money i'd get one :D