Cobra R 1800 miles #88 $57,500 OH

Cobra R's and their specific parts for sale section.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Re: Cobra R 1800 miles #88 $60k OH

Post by dbrennancobra »

JohnLynch wrote:
cobramustang1993 wrote:I would like to get in contact with Twinvipers about the car's history and use.......does anyone on the site have his contact info......Also, on an earlier post he stated he had another one for sale with about 20K miles......I am in the market now to purchase.....

Thanks,
Sandy
MCA#76083

The one with 20k miles sold a long time ago for @ 30k. I think I might have his info if so will pm it to you.
that is right, it sold for around 30K. Twin and I went back in forth for a trade in my red/black towards the cobra R and some cash. But BLACK INTERIOR IS better! and power windows, stereo, backseat... to also name a few! :D But a Cobra R wrapper is in my want list in the future.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
specracer

Post by specracer »

Wow, yes it's is never a sale, until every detail is worked out.

Read beginning of ad, outlines the issue.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

cobramustang1993 wrote:I would like to get in contact with Twinvipers about the car's history and use.......does anyone on the site have his contact info......Also, on an earlier post he stated he had another one for sale with about 20K miles......I am in the market now to purchase.....

Thanks,
Sandy
MCA#76083
Sandy, Twin is a nice guy! hes on SVTperformace site more...

issues with this car:
"THERE ARE SOME MINOR ROCK CHIPS THAT HAVE BEEN BRUSH TOUCHED AND ONE MINOR DING ON THE BLACK MOLDING SURRONDING THE DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW."
cobramustang1993

Post by cobramustang1993 »

Thanks for the help......Problem with Ohio 93R (Gillingham Ford) (for me) is that the car is a dealer-owned vehicle....which means full pop on sales tax in my
State of CA....., and the fact that the car is 49-state emissions, it cannot be registered or driven legally in the state of CA until it has accrued 7500 miles.....I have been through this before, and it is a pain in the ass......I have found a wrapper (pricey) and another 93R with 200 miles (less pricey).....that was originally sold in CA....it MAY be a CA emissions car, but I will have to see the emissions label.....car was purchased by original owner, and put away, never driven also never on market.....isn't a wrapper, but since I had a wrapper before (#43), I really prefer a lower-mileage car that can be occasionally driven....The wrappers are really intended for permanent display in someone's collection, and are better off not to be driven.......IMHO....

Sandy
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

cobramustang1993 wrote:Thanks for the help......Problem with Ohio 93R (Gillingham Ford) (for me) is that the car is a dealer-owned vehicle....which means full pop on sales tax in my
State of CA....., and the fact that the car is 49-state emissions, it cannot be registered or driven legally in the state of CA until it has accrued 7500 miles.....I have been through this before, and it is a pain in the ass......I have found a wrapper (pricey) and another 93R with 200 miles (less pricey).....that was originally sold in CA....it MAY be a CA emissions car, but I will have to see the emissions label.....car was purchased by original owner, and put away, never driven also never on market.....isn't a wrapper, but since I had a wrapper before (#43), I really prefer a lower-mileage car that can be occasionally driven....The wrappers are really intended for permanent display in someone's collection, and are better off not to be driven.......IMHO....

Sandy
agreed... if i got a wrapperR, it would be a trailer queen bitch. ..... id keep the red/black for crusin and shows... or sell and get a mystic!
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

^^^^

Best of luck with your search, Sandy.

As for your opinion, I must disagree. It's a pity for cars like the Cobra R to be kept as wrappers on display in a collection. These cars are meant to be driven, not just looked at. Not saying they're meant to be DDs by any means. But occasional use by their owners, preferably with friends, family and other enthusiasts as passengers to enjoy the experience, is a much better way for these cars to be used.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Z282SLO wrote:^^^^

As for your opinion, I must disagree. It's a pity for cars like the Cobra R to be kept as wrappers on display in a collection. These cars are meant to be driven, not just looked at. Not saying they're meant to be DDs by any means. But occasional use by their owners, preferably with friends, family and other enthusiasts as passengers to enjoy the experience, is a much better way for these cars to be used.

Yea I agree, it would also increase the value as well since most have just sat in a guys garage
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
cobramustang1993

Z282SLO wrote:^^^^

You are entitled to your opinion, I wouldn't disagree, because personal ownership and use of any particular vehicle is a personal/emotional decision certainly not an agree or disagree situation.......SOME of these cars should be kept in an un-used state, in a collection, because ultimately these examples will serve as "benchmark cars" for future restoration of the 93 snd 93R.....I certainly agree with you that the most fun is derived from the driving experience......But when collectors pay anywhere from 65K and up for these ultra-low mileage R models, they usually wind up in permanent display in collections for better or worse...that's just the way it is. I really don't want to buy a "wrapper" this time around (I owned one in 2002 #43), because they are a pain in the ass to load/unload, and are a little impratical for occasional drives to car shows.......

If I find another one, I will post the details on this site......
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

cobramustang1993 wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion, I wouldn't disagree, because personal ownership and use of any particular vehicle is a personal/emotional decision certainly not an agree or disagree situation.......SOME of these cars should be kept in an un-used state, in a collection, because ultimately these examples will serve as "benchmark cars" for future restoration of the 93 snd 93R.....I certainly agree with you that the most fun is derived from the driving experience......But when collectors pay anywhere from 65K and up for these ultra-low mileage R models, they usually wind up in permanent display in collections for better or worse...that's just the way it is. I really don't want to buy a "wrapper" this time around (I owned one in 2002 #43), because they are a pain in the ass to load/unload, and are a little impratical for occasional drives to car shows.......

If I find another one, I will post the details on this site......
Well stated.
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
specracer

Post by specracer »

I also see the point of not driving a wrapper. But that is not for me. I need to be able to drive it some.

Are you aware of this one? I was interested in this car (it was initially listed on their site with 5xxx miles in error) but just bought their mystichrome instead, because this r has too few miles for me.

http://alwaysevolving.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=151
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

specracer wrote:I also see the point of not driving a wrapper. But that is not for me. I need to be able to drive it some.

Are you aware of this one? I was interested in this car (it was initially listed on their site with 5xxx miles in error) but just bought their mystichrome instead, because this r has too few miles for me.

Cool how much? Wonder what number it is?
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
cobramustang1993

specracer wrote:I also see the point of not driving a wrapper. But that is not for me. I need to be able to drive it some.

Thanks for the lead, I will follow-up on it........

Sandy
techbill

Post by techbill »

Hey If anyone is really interested in this car and needs somebody to look at it in person let me know. I pass this place on my way to work.
Looking for a Teal/Black
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
bdecoy

Re: Cobra R 1800 miles #88 $57,500 OH

Post by bdecoy »

Lynch just buy this thing already! :think:
#1571 teal/blk stock 7k
#1547 blk/blk stock 19k
Sold:2946 1521 1447